Women Engaged seeks a Development Associate
Women Engaged is seeking a full-time Atlanta-based Development Associate who will assist in executing the Women Engaged fundraising plan. This person is a proactive problem solver with strong organizational and communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to internal and external customer service. This position reports to the Chief of Staff and Vice President of Development, Selena McLaurin.
The ideal candidate enjoys supporting strong leaders by being highly organized, dedicated, and self-directed, with the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The candidate is proficient in conducting independent research and writing, and has enthusiasm for strategy development and working with donors. This person is a proactive leader committed to social justice, advocacy and positive change.
About Women Engaged
Women Engaged exists because if Black women thrive, everyone around her flourishes.
Since 2014, Women Engaged uses an innovative, hands-on community based learning approach to advance Black women’s human rights, Black youth empowerment and civic engagement efforts in Georgia. Women Engaged develops policy recommendations, conducts research and organizes initiatives paired with leadership development, savvy communications outreach strategies and robust civic engagement opportunities.
For more information, please visit: https://www.womenengaged.org
The Development Associate, who is based in Atlanta, will be responsible for:
- Executive-level administrative assistance to the Chief of Staff and Vice President of Development
- Conducting research on donor/funder prospects and assisting with the creation of tailored donor strategies
- Managing the development calendar and keeping track of proposal and reporting due dates and requirements
- Assisting with management of development meetings
- Managing the grant tracking folder and staying abreast of funds expected and received
- Supporting production of development reports
- Assisting with the creation of donor meeting briefs and contact reports
- Assisting with the identification and selection of a donor CRM system
- Assisting in the creation of donor-facing communications such as appeal and thank you letters
- Contributing to the management of Women Engaged events
- Maintaining development subscriptions, passwords, e-mail accounts, contact lists, instructions and forms, and administrative entries in office calendar
- Development file organization
Who should apply
For this position, we are seeking candidates who have proven experience effectively, strategically, proactively supporting an executive’s role in all capacities. You must be confident in executing responsibilities virtually, with the ability to pivot to in-person engagement when it is deemed safe. You should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and other historically marginalized communities
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to build strong relationships and trust across race, gender, class, and other identities
- Committed to advancing the vision and goals of Women Engaged
- Background in 501c3 work and the desire to work with progressive organizations
- Must be able to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines
- Be a self-starter, attentive to detail, a team player and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Substantial administrative and/or nonprofit fundraising experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrating consistently high standards of accuracy and clarity in written work
- Exceptional problem solving and strategic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service
- An excellent eye for, and commitment to, detail
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with programs such as Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Slack, including the ability to maintain and train others on these programs
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Ability to manage up
This position is full-time and based in the metro-Atlanta area.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000. Women Engaged also offers a generous benefits package.
Women Engaged is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
Join our Team
We love working with people who are:
- Loyal - Are you able to stick with Black women, girls, and femmes until they get to where they want to be in life?
- Helpful - Are you willing to provide help that solves problems and empowers?
- Resourceful - Are you able to think logistically and skillfully take on new situations?
Everyone at Women Engaged has a good time bringing rigor, thoughtfulness, generosity, and joy to their work.
- Reading - We think deeply and attempt to understand the issues that affect black women, their families and communities and what it takes for them to thrive.
- Pursuing Excellence - We don’t give up or take shortcuts that will compromise the quality of our work.
- Engaging - We eagerly engage in dialogue through social media and/or conversations in order to build relationships with stakeholders, allies, community members, and public leaders on the issues deemed important to Black women, girls, and femmes, from Black women, girls, and femmes.
NRG Consulting Group is taking the lead on this search, if you have any questions reach out to email@example.com