The Program Manager assists the Director with the success, growth, and sustainability of the Home Match program in Monterey County. Work directly with home providers (owners and renters) and those seeking housing including (very brief) resident site visits across Monterey County. Must feel comfortable engaging with a diverse set of individuals, cultures, and circumstances. Fluency in Spanish is required. This position requires flexibility in hours including some evening and weekend work. Currently 1 day per week doing site visits or in-person intake interviews, which will increase over time.
Please submit your Cover Letter sharing your thoughts and interest in this position.
About Home Match: Home Match helps communities meet three important goals: empowering aging community members to stay in their chosen homes; creating affordable places to live; and combating social isolation. Home Match is a program of Covia, a 50 year old nonprofit organization.
- Responsible for helping set and achieving annual goals and objectives
- Assist with outreach plan to promote the program in the community and to secure the targeted number of appropriate program participants
- Matching and home sharing process for a portfolio of program participants including conducting interviews, home visits, background checks, reference checks, and moderating lease agreements
- Conduct follow up mediation services as needed, to assist clients in maintaining a successful match
- Use creativity to determine effective new, online methods of conducting outreach and engaging with Home Match participants and partners
- Use a set of online tools to track and analyze program data to determine best practices and areas of improvement
- Continually seek opportunities to strengthen and/or expand the program and its impact
- Contribute to the sustainability of the program including donor cultivation, proposal development and reporting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-motivated and personable individual that works well independently, while also being able to work effectively and collaboratively within a team and with community partners
- Proven track record, meeting programmatic goals, building impactful partnerships, and securing funding or achieving a sales quota
- Organized, yet flexible and able to rapidly shift across activities
- Strong active listening skills, empathy and cross-cultural understanding
- Ideally experienced working across a wide-range of digital channels
- Fluency in Spanish is required
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of program management, sales or fundraising experience
- Live in and/or have extensive contacts in Monterey County particularly with older adults, elected leaders and the nonprofit community
- Must have own vehicle and provide car insurance
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/MaR6YgirbEzBhlb5Faw5P" />