Community Provider Implementation Specialists
The Department of Children and Families (DCF), Office of Strategic Development, seeks qualified individuals to fill Community Provider Implementation Specialist positions located in Trenton, NJ.
The Office of Strategic Development (OSD) is an Executive Level Office within DCF that supports the strategy and objectives of the Department. By focusing on implementation processes, the office helps enhance operations, improve service delivery, and increase Department performance and output. The office seeks better, smarter, and more effective ways of performing work, thereby serving families, and supporting the Department’s strategies for program development, capacity building and strategic systems integration. OSD engages with Department leadership to meet their goals for planning and implementation of systems building efforts through strategic planning, results-based facilitation, active listening, analysis, strategy, resource and policy-practice alignment, and reflective thought partnership. Guided by the Department’s Programmatic Plan OSD, in partnership with other Division and Offices, supports program development through the selection, design and implementation of select DCF services, to further the Department’s goal of establishing a portfolio of high-quality services. OSD serves as a liaison between DCF and stakeholders to coordinate, communicate and lead in a manner that fosters greater understanding and builds implementation capacity and drive for results. OSD also supports capacity building training and technical assistance opportunities for Program Leads to bolster their understanding of the tenets of quality program development and strengthening the application of effective implementation over time.
The Community Provider Implementation Specialist, supervised by the Assistant Director or Administrator, is responsible for bringing provider knowledge, expertise and direct experience working in a community non-profit implementing one or more evidence based/evidence informed/promising programs to support efforts to implement or develop one or more programs. In this role, the Community Provider Implementation Specialist will support the application and integration of implementation frameworks, approaches, tools and resources. The Community Provider Implementation Specialist also supports the work of developing capacity building opportunities for DCF program leads. The Community Provider Implementation Specialist is responsible for supporting the vision for implementation and sustainability, coordinating and collaborating to ensure alignment, and utilization of implementation science best practices to ensure quality implementation and sustainability of evidence-based and innovative practices.
* Bring community provider perspective and expertise into conversations and meetings with DCF Leadership and Department Programmatic Leaders
* Bring community provider perspective when providing technical implementation expertise regarding necessary structures and processes to ensure successful implementation of services delivered by community providers to department staff and other stakeholders
* Ensure knowledge about and community experience is integrated in the implementation frameworks, models, theories, and strategies
* Provide the viewpoint of a community provider when coordinating, collaborating and establishing intentional implementation teams with model developers, contracted service providers, DCF staff, community members, and/or external stakeholders to plan, implement, integrate, and sustain interventions
* Use the community providers point of reference builds implementation capacity among teams, organizations, and systems and uses facilitation techniques to make power structures visible and to protect all voices in the implementation process
* Support effective communication and feedback loops for the sharing of best practices to support implementation with fidelity to the model
* Identify, review, and synthesize evidence of effectiveness, implementation supports, usability, fit and feasibility of identified interventions and/or practices
* Prepare and present detailed reports of information to support decision making
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree. A Master’s degree in Social Work or related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Must have 3-5 years of experience working at a community provider organization (for example, non-profit or health care provider) implementing one or more evidence based/evidence informed/promising programs community-based social service mental health, substance abuse treatment and/or other program serving families. Prior participation in implementation science professional development opportunities and/or experience working with DCF’s Office of Strategic Development as a community provider is preferred.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the United States must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
RESIDENCY LAW: Please refer to the New Jersey Department of Children and Families’ website at www.state.nj.us/dcf.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: You must submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format, saving all PDFs by your Last Name, First Name to: Job.Posting@dcf.nj.gov
The Department of Children and Families is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment which reflects the diversity of the state we serve.
Community Provider Implementation Specialists
The Department of Children and Families (DCF), Office of Strategic Development, seeks qualified individuals to fill Community Provider Implementation Specialist positions located in…