Job Function: Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC
Regional Consultants (Asia-Pacific):Organizational Strategy & Development
*Please send resumes to email@example.com . Only this application method will beconsidered.*
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is a Washington, D.C.-headquartered nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. With offices and programs across the Asia-Pacific region, NDI seeks qualified individuals to provide a range of consultation services to civil society leaders (including community groups, coalitions, gender and youth-focused organizations, marginalized community groups, citizen election observation organizations, advocacy groups, media organizations, and faith-based groups) and staff across the Asia-Pacific region on the development and implementation of strategic planning and implementation to create and sustain high-performing organizations.
NDI has immediate need for interested individuals, but is also building a regional database for future opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create and implement training for organizational strategy and development to support target organization's strategic planning objectives and fosters effective management and leadership structure.
- Conduct organizational capacity assessments and other analyses, interview stakeholders, plan and facilitate workshops, provide strategy and development recommendations based on analyses, assist in the design and implementation of recommended organisational change processes, including milestones for success.
- Organizational capacity development modules could include, but are not limited to:
- Organizational strategy, leadership, governance organizational structure, Board of Directors management, coalition-building and management, and change management.
- Provide ongoing analysis, coaching, and mentorship to civil society leaders to assist their implementation of organizational improvement initiatives and assure continuous alignment with identified strategic plans.
- Write regular reports and brief NDI staff on activity implementation and results.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals with substantive life and work experience in the Asia-Pacific region highly preferred; preference for individuals already based in the Asia-Pacific region with proficiency in Asia-Pacific languages preferred.
- Significant experience (10+ years) working with civil society organizations and leaders required.
- Bachelor's degree in development studies, human resources management, organizational development, applied behavioral sciences, business administration or related field required. Masters degree preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and local Asia-Pacific languages.
- Understanding and mastery of organizational capacity development tools and methodologies.
- Expert in training and group facilitation.
- Leadership in cross-cultural communications.
- Ability and interest in traveling to/across the Asia-Pacific region required (post Covid-19), including isolated and difficult to reach destinations. Residence in the Asia-Pacific region a plus.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/OaJ4XPtrVYJAugVbspnRZ" />