Vice President of Development and Revenue Strategy
- Job posted by Code2040
About Us and Our Philosophy:
Code2040 is a community of Black and Latinx technologists and their allies who are diversifying tech to create a more equitable, inclusive, and prosperous economy. Through high-impact direct service programs, robust in-person and online community engagement, and dynamic storytelling and knowledge sharing, Code2040 empowers and mobilizes diversity champions across the industry. Our goal is to ensure that by 2040 – the beginning of the decade when the US will be majority people of color – Black and Latinx people are fully represented in and leading the innovation economy and have the economic and social capital needed to thrive and build generational wealth. Learn more about our vision, model, and impact at www.code2040.org.
At Code2040, we don't just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. Code2040 is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate against any team member or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
As Code2040 continues to evolve our program model to include new products and services, we are seeking a leader to build and drive our revenue strategy. The Vice President of Development and Revenue Strategy will create a fundraising plan, encompassing both philanthropic support and earned-income streams, and will lead, coach, and mentor our development and business development teams as they execute on this plan, with goals of raising $6M annually and shifting our revenue mix toward higher proportions from our earned-income streams. Serving on a dynamic senior management team and reporting directly to Code2040's CEO, the Vice President of Development and Revenue Strategy will play an integral role in propelling our continued success.
As our Vice President of Development and Revenue Strategy, you will
- Build a comprehensive revenue strategy for Code2040, exploring opportunities to more fully engage institutional and individual donors and customers and identifying the appropriate activities, timelines, and resources needed to capitalize on these opportunities; refine and iterate upon this strategy to ensure we can meet our revenue and revenue mix targets
- Lead our development and business development teams, providing guidance and support to individual team members and, as appropriate, identifying strategic opportunities to grow these teams
- Enhance Code2040's fund development capacity by codifying successful processes, tools, and approaches
- Coach staff on their relationship-development activities with our partners and supporters; as needed, personally manage a portfolio
- Deepen Board engagement in fund development by identifying and delivering the tools and supports Board members need to activate their networks
- Serve on Code2040's senior management team, participating in setting the direction for our future
As the incoming Vice President of Development and Revenue Strategy, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- You are passionate about racial and economic justice. We're pursuing a bold goal of closing the racial wealth gap by diversifying the tech industry. Our focus is the success of Black and Latinx people and commitment to these communities is a must. You can speak concretely and passionately about why you want to do this work.
- You come to this role with success in building and executing on fundraising strategies. Ideally, you have past experience working with both philanthropic (individual, corporate, foundation) and earned-income revenue, but, more importantly, you are excited about leading a strategy and team that incorporates all of these. You have created effective approaches to engaging new donors/funding partners and to deepening existing relationships.
- You are a staff manager who empowers the team members who report to you, managing to high performance by providing clear expectations and guidance along the way.
- You are comfortable in a feedback-driven culture and you are a team player who is committed to collaboration, whether with internal colleagues or external stakeholders.
- You have experience leading and growing teams during times of change. You are able to adapt to changing contexts and, when needed, take on more tactical activities as well as strategic leadership responsibilities.
- You have previously supported Board members and committees and ideally have had prior experience in identifying and engaging new members.
How to Join Our Team:
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Karla Monterroso https://koya.refineapp.com/jobPosting/apply/2076. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
A few tips for writing your cover letter: Don't just repeat your resume; we'll read that too. Your cover letter is your chance to shine and connect your past experience with what we're looking for. Tell us:
- The unique mix of skills and experience you will bring to the role and our team.
- How you will thrive in the role; what have you done in the past that demonstrates you can be successful?
- What about Code2040's mission excites you? Why do you want to work with a passionate team committed to disrupting the innovation economy?
Code2040 offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Minimum Education Required