Vice President of Nonprofit Programs
- Job posted by Build Rehabilitation Industries
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct a search for a Vice President of Nonprofit Programs for Build Rehabilitation Services in Sylmar, CA in the San Fernando Valley of the Los Angeles metro area.
Established in 1967, Build Rehabilitation Industries is a nonprofit organization based in the San Fernando Valley dedicated to providing opportunities for purposeful employment, greater independence and a better way of life for individuals with developmental delays or anyone with a barrier to employment. Through their various programs, Build has assisted more than 9,000 adults by offering vocational rehabilitation designed to help assess the individual’s interests and skills, and then provide the training needed by the individual to achieve their highest potential and enhance their quality of life. Build Rehabilitation Industries is a reliable community partner and respected by care providers, Regional Center counselors, Department of Rehabilitation, members of the developmentally disabled and special needs communities, as well as their families.
Build Rehabilitation Services is driven by strong values of integrity, customer service and commitment to community. It is this 50 years of experience working with over 1000 retail, small businesses and organizations that have made Build Industries a trusted partner for outsourced employment, packaging and warehousing needs in the San Fernando Valley.
This role reports to the President/CEO of Build Rehabilitation Industries and directly supervises 5 managers: Burbank Facility Manager, Rehabilitation Department Manager, Supported Employment Department Manager, Independent Living Skills Department Manager, and the Behavior Management Department Manager.
- Develop, draft and solicit Vendorization and Grant proposals.
- Responsible for creating partnerships with our sponsoring governmental agencies, grantors, referring agencies and our community;
- Functions as the head of all Habilitation consumer services and programs.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating the activities and projects necessary for the development maintenance and expansion of Rehabilitation/Habilitation; Behavior Management; Independent Living Skills; and Supported Employment;
- Development and expansion of other programs and services in accordance with Build's mission;
- A key member of the senior management team;
- Play a central leadership role in creating a sustainable budget, driving revenue growth, and providing long-term strategic direction, and short-term problem-solving for the business.
- Capable of developing and implementing a community integration program
- The program should be a transition program for clients to explore the transition from a sheltered workshop to a potential position working in a typical job in the community at minimum wage or volunteering at a not for profit until the client acquires specific job skills
- Ensure that Build is fully prepared for CARF accreditation audits and maintains its certification
- Ensures coordination of the workshop's services to consumers in order to ensure adequate balance between work-conditioning experience and needed supportive services.
- Completes Program Evaluation, Consumer Based Marketing Plans, Quality Assurance Audits and other program-related documentation and assessments.
- Assists in the development of suitable work opportunities for consumers who desire community employment.
- Monitors and implements improved and updated computerization of company.
- Adherence to policies, budget and standards fixed by the Board and President/CEO.
- Evaluates the performance of directly reporting individuals and participates in the staffing of appropriate positions.
- Preparation of informational material on programs and operations for public release.
- Consults with intra-agency programs to resolve rehabilitation concerns affecting consumer services.
- Acts as liaison with other agencies involved in programs for the disabled.
- Assures program quality through periodic review and direct supervision.
- Monitors program development and directs corrective action as needed.
- Oversee the invoicing and billing of program services.
- Other related duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters preferred)
- 3 years’ experience or 5 years of progressive experience in management, marketing, public relations, community organizing, internet technology and other related skills.
- Knowledge, ability and experience in management of rehabilitation services and computerization are required.
- Should be familiar with a variety of programs, procedures, and CARF standards.
- Must submit to a Department of Justice Criminal background check and have a clean record.
About our Firm:
Scion Executive Search is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Born out of the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization’s mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at www.nonprofitexecutivesearchfirm.com.
Scion is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Scion Staffing ranked on the 2017 and 2018 Forbes Best Executive Recruiting Firms list.
Build Rehabilitation Services offers a generous benefits package that includes medical and dental benefits paid up to $400/mo. for the employee’s medical and $27/mo. for the employee’s dental coverage, which covers close to 100% of the premiums for all employees, life insurance, a 503(b) retirement plan the individual can contribute to, 10 vacation days, 8 sick days, and 11 paid holidays. One additional vacation day is added for every year of service.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct this search. For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements in a WORD.docx format to Scion Executive Search via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Braden Busch, Managing Partner using the subject title: “Build- VP of Services.”
Our client is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.