2955 Edge Hill Road
Upper Moreland Township
Founded in 1970, the Pennypack Ecological Restoration Trust is a private, non-profit land conservancy located in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, about 15 miles northeast of central Philadelphia. The Trust’s mission is to steward the Pennypack Preserve natural area as an important open space component of the region’s natural areas network, and to educate and encourage people to appreciate, enjoy, and protect the Preserve’s native ecosystems.
The Executive Director, with governance from the Board and input from staff and members, determines and ensures execution of the overall organizational vision, strategic direction, tactical goals, operating policies/procedures, staffing requirements, fiscal policies and operating budgets to ensure successful fulfillment of the Trust’s mission. She or he will strengthen Trust’s established reputation by further building, maintaining and nurturing a network of influential contacts relevant to the Trust’s mission. S/he will continue to develop the organization’s cohesion and visibility. The Executive Director will have overall responsibility for leadership, membership development, community programs direction, fundraising, operations, and the financial integrity of the organization.
· Assume a leadership role in the community by serving as a spokesperson for the Trust.
· Lead the communication efforts to recognize the value of the Trust’s program and landholdings outside the watershed and the region.
· Actively encourage the use of the Trust’s preserve as a site for ecological research.
· Prepare and deliver occasional public programs to engage the membership and maintain visibility.
Resource Development and Membership
· Plan for future revenue needs and resources to sustain the Trust’s programs and operations.
· Engage the Board to develop ongoing fundraising and development activities, including cultivating strong relationships with major individual, foundation and corporate donors.
· Oversee an overall membership strategy that ensures the retention of current members and the recruitment of new members.
· Maintain positive relationships with existing donors and nurture them to increase contributions.
· Oversee all special events, fundraising campaigns and/or activities as defined by the Board of Directors.
· Ensure overall financial stability, capacity and sound stewardship of fiduciary responsibilities.
· Develop, manage and monitor the Trust’s budget as approved by the Board of Directors.
· Oversee compliance with all federal, state and local government requirements, including those relating to the Trust’s non-profit, 501 (c)(3) status.
· Perform on-going assessments of the facilities, collections, grounds, and systems. Develop and implement ongoing capital maintenance and preservation programs, as appropriate.
· Ensure optimal staff capacity.
· Manage staff’s guidance and professional development.
Conduct staff performance evaluations to ensure appropriate alignment with the Trust’s strategic and operational goals.
· M.S. or M.A. in Natural Resource Management, Biology, Wildlife Ecology, Range Ecology, Botany, or related field is preferred.
· At least 10 years of relevant experience in land stewardship, restoration, management of invasive species, etc. Proven record of program responsibility at a national, state, or local park; wildlife refuge, wildlife management area; national or state forest; or private land-based facility such as a sanctuary.
· Relationship builder and manager with excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to develop and implement new initiatives.
· Strong organizational skills and financial management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects concurrently.
· Self-starter requiring minimal direction for completing assignments and projects.
· Ability to travel occasionally to conferences.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, and a pervasive sense of humor.
· Good judgment and strong problem-solving skills.
· Team-oriented and collegial.
Willingness and ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed on occasion.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Please put ED-PERT in subject line