Childcare Provider Part-Time (12 hours per week)
- Job posted by Sanctuary for Families
The childcare worker provides care, including guidance in intellectual, emotional and social growth, to children, ranging in age from 5 months to 5 years, in the full day childcare program at a transitional shelter in the Bronx.
- Provides safe, friendly and educational environment for the children.
- Supervises and nurtures children while they are in the program.
- Utilizes appropriate materials and activities for children's development and growth.
- Attends to the personal hygiene of the children, including changing diapers or soiled clothing and washing hands.
- Prepares children's meals and maintains meal counts.
- Trains and coaches children toward independence (self-help).
- Consults with parents regarding their children's day-to-day progress and behavior.
- Observes and communicates children's progress and behaviors to supervisor.
- Maintains records of children's childcare, respite care and drop-in attendance.
- Enters data into computerized Service Tracking System.
- Orders supplies as needed, and maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Performs any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, and three years experience in a childcare or related setting
Minimum Education Required