Development Officer, EHSOL
- Job posted by Pace University
Since 1906, Pace University has been preparing students to become leaders in their fields by providing an education that combines exceptional academics with professional experience. With campuses in New York City and Westchester County, New York, Pace offers bachelor, master, and doctoral degree programs, preparing more than 13,000 students (approximately 9,000 undergraduates and 4,000 graduates) for successful careers. Pace comprises the College of Health Professions, the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences, the Elisabeth Haub School of Law, the Lubin School of Business, the School of Education, and the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems.
Development Officer, EHSOL
White Plains Campus
The Development Officer will be a key member of the development team for the Elisabeth Haub School of Law, responsible for growing the fundraising pipeline to major gifts by working with alumni, students, affinity groups and faculty members and develop engagement opportunities for our alumni. Main responsibilities will include oversight of the School’s Alumni Board of Directors, management of a portfolio of 150 mid-level prospects and coordination of the Law Leadership Dinner and various alumni events.
- Plan and execute various alumni relations events and activities, and working with the Pace Law Alumni Network (P.L.A.N)
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, develop content for annual fund solicitations, strategy for affinity based fundraising, and annual fund law school reporting.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to lead and manage special projects and events in order to engage alumni and friends in development and outreach efforts.
- Work with the Director to coordinate prospect visits and Board meetings, including meeting logistics, materials, minutes, briefings, and other details as needed.
- Attend alumni meetings, reunions and other special events as it relates to the development priorities of the school. Evening, weekend and some travel required.
- Facilitate internal processes including management of the Dean’s gift acknowledgement process, assistance with alumni marketing responsibilities, and management of information technology requests, accounts payable processing, and facilities requests.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three-five (3-5) years of relevant development experience preferred, with preference given to applicants with experience in a higher education setting.
- Successful personal solicitation experience is required, with demonstrated success in pipeline development highly desired.
- Proven ability to manage all stages of the donor pipeline, from cultivation to stewardship, resulting in significant financial support for the institution.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with the intended audience.
- Capacity to manage the competing priorities of external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with volunteer leadership.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Sage Millennium or comparable fundraising database system.
- Ability to foster strong collaborative relationships at all levels of a complex organization and professionally interact with all levels of students, staff, and faculty.
- Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with occasional later evenings and weekends for meetings and special events.
Pace University offers a competitive total rewards package including tuition benefits for employees & their family, and generous time off.
To apply, please visit
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required