- Job posted by HELP USA
About HELP USA
HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people per year in 52 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
HELP USA takes great pride in providing our residents a clean and well-maintained living space that feels as much like home as possible. We can only do this with great porters on our team. Porters perform various maintenance-related assignments such as cleaning, painting, garbage and trash removal, landscaping, and snow removal.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning: apartments or other sleeping areas for turnover, bathrooms, offices, classrooms, pantries, buildings, grounds, furniture, windows, etc.
- Making minor repairs as needed.
- Maintaining floors, ducts, fixtures, etc. in good state of repair.
- Adhering strictly to OSHA laws and regulations.
- Maintaining the readiness of all vehicles.
- Completing work orders when appropriate.
- Must be able lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to operate small machinery, power tools, and hand tools.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Porter or janitorial experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electrical wiring, boiler mechanics and plumbing a plus.
- Organizational skills to enable efficient use of time and ability to work effectively if supervisor is not present.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft applications a plus.
- Valid US Driver’s license a plus.
- Certificate of Fitness in related fields a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required