Director of HR Operations
- Job posted by Confidential Community Based Non-Profit
The Director of HR Operations is responsible for managing and leading full cycle payroll, benefits, HR/HCM systems, analytics and records management for the Agency. Working with the VP HR, the Director designs, researches and implements a long-term strategy for integrated and fully electronic systems with the support of the VP of Technology Services. The Director has the mindset of effectiveness and efficiency to support scaling the function as the organization continues its growth pattern.
An effective person in this position lives at the intersection of data-driven business decision-making and strong sense of purpose that aligns with the mission of a community-based organization. The focus: building a world-class, stakeholder-focused HR organization that provides leadership of and support for Agency’s efforts to being a great place to work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct and oversee the day to day operations of the payroll, benefits, HR systems operations and records management, including input processing and audit for non union and union employees.
- With the VP HR, drive effective and efficient department process execution and strategize, select and implement integrated electronic HR management tools and resources.
- Lead HR Department execution of risk and compliance tasks for contract, local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Cultivate and expand relationships with third party vendors.
- Establish credibility, working well with all employees and managers. Act for the VP of HR on key initiatives and projects. Become a trusted "go to" providing excellent service to internal customers, working effectively with all employees and managers.
- Oversee and audit payroll, benefits and HR systems input data and processing.
- Strengthen internal checks and balances to reduce the risk of errors and ensure errors are identified and corrected as soon as possible
- Overall HR systems administrator and tool expert and responsible for providing training to managers and staff on HR systems/process.
- Coordinate onboarding process and partner with the Human Resources team to ensure a positive on-boarding experience for new employees.
- Create and present analytics that drive data-driven decisions with regard to all things people-related.
- Provide reports, metrics and other information as requested.
- Proactively learn and demonstrate an understanding of the Mission, programs and services of the Agency.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources best practices that can be applied in a nonprofit environment.
- At least seven years progressive Human Resources experience with demonstrated skills in Payroll, HR systems, compliance and at least one other HR specialty.
- Responsive and customer-focused with mature judgment and the ability to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Self-directed, yet effective working as part of a highly collaborative HR team and understands HR’s role in contributing to Agency success.
- Strong experience in Payroll and HR systems, including HRIS/HCM solutions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter with several paragraphs outlining your accomplishments in the areas noted above with the subject line “Director HR Operations.” Our apologies; we will only be able to respond to those whose experiences are a close match. A more detailed Profile will be available.