Administrative Coordinator, PA Program
- Job posted by Dominican University of California
Administrative Coordinator, PA Program
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page http://www.dominican.edu/about/employment/jobsfor adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Administrative Coordinator, Physician Assistant Program
Department: Master of Science Physician Assistant Studies Program (MSPAS)
Division: School of Health and Natural Sciences
Reports To: Director of Clinical Education, MSPAS Program
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for an Administrative Coordinator position for the Physician Assistant Program. The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be to work directly with the Director of Clinical Education and Assistant Professor to coordinate and manage clinical placements in the MSPAS Program.
• Coordinate all administrative aspects of clinical placement program in collaboration with the Director and Assistant Professor of clinical education.
• Work with Clinical Director and Assistant Professor to determine preceptor and site availability and negotiate the student clinical rotation schedules with the various clinical sites.
• Maintain accurate clinical rotation database on rotation site availability.
• Serve as primary administrative liaison with clinical rotation sites for student clinical rotation placement through direct communication by phone and email.
• Responsible for compiling all necessary student credentialing documents as required per clinical rotation site and arranging any necessary rotation logistics (i.e., parking, collection of badge, etc.) as required by site.
• Coordinate collection, verification and documentation of all clinical site document requirements such as Affiliation Agreements, Preceptor Profiles/Practice Profiles, and Licensure and Board Certification verification, including the use of healthcare education management software (E*Value or other), and maintain up-to-date electronic and paper clinical site files and databases.
• Monitor student compliance of health and other documentation, and other site-required documentation through the utilization of screening and compliance tracking software and/or other record collection systems as applicable.
• Coordination of faculty clinical site visits, including new clinical sites and/or site visits to PA students during clinical rotations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in any field
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in an automated office environment using computer based systems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team with other Program and University faculty and colleagues is essential
• Current and valid California state driver's license, and satisfactory driving record require and must be maintained
• Experience in healthcare/health education
• Experience in Higher Education
Additional Position Information
• Applications will be considered until the position is filled
• Must be willing to consent to a background check
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with background and experience
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
• Link to apply: http://apptrkr.com/1290876
• A cover letter is required.
• Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section.
• For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Link to apply: http://apptrkr.com/1290876