- Job posted by Youth Engagement Fund/Youth Engagement Action Fund
District of Columbia
The Youth Engagement Fund(YEF)/Youth Engagement Action Fund (YEAF) is looking for an energetic strategic thinker and communicator with proven leadership skills and a demonstrated commitment to a just and inclusive democracy to serve as its next Executive Director.
Youth Engagement Fund is the largest network of donors dedicated to increasing civic participation among young people in the United States. We invest in every aspect of youth power-building – from leadership development to policymaking to organizing issue and electoral campaigns through YEAF– in the belief that young people are key in the creation of a new social contract in the USA.
As Executive Director, you will recruit, train and onboard donor committee members, ensuring donor committee development; hire, train and directly supervise staff; establish program priorities; conduct research and outreach to facilitate solicitation of large gifts from a variety of sources; cultivate existing, new and prospective grantees; build relationships and facilitate collaboratives with experts and activists in the field, peer donors, and others to advance grantmaking as well as other civic engagement and social justice efforts; and work strategically to expand awareness about the organization, developing media messaging and communications materials, such as op-eds, press releases, reports, and blogs.
· An understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
· Demonstrated commitment to social justice, equity and civic engagement
· Experience working on issue campaigns or related social justice work in a non-profit setting
· Successful record of organizing multiple projects, delivering on time, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Experience supervising staff, with ability to provide training and support staff development
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to frame complex issues clearly and concisely for varied audiences
· Experience working in philanthropy, with deep and broad networks in the sector
· Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above
· Computer savvy with knowledge of donor databases such as Sales Force or Ready Talk
· A bachelor’s degree.
If you are a results-oriented person with deep ties in philanthropy, a commitment to social justice, a passion for civic engagement, and outstanding interpersonal skills who excels at communication, managing complex projects, and working independently, we would like to hear from you.
The annual salary for the position of Executive Director is $110,000. YEF/YEAF offers a robust benefits package.
The preferred location for this position is Washington, DC.
The Youth Engagement Fund/Youth Engagement Action Fund to seeks to build the voice and build the leadership of young people representing the full spectrum of racial and ethnic groups, national origins, cultures, physical abilities, gender identities, faiths, cultures, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
YEF/YEAF offers a robust benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resumes and any inquiries to: email@example.com. The deadline for cover letter and resume submission is September 5, 2018. Your cover letter must explain why you are an excellent fit for this position, salary requirements, and if you are available on these dates:
• First round interviews for this position will be conducted electronically beginning September 6, 2018.
• Second round interviews will be conducted beginning the week of September 17, 2018 in Washington, DC.
• Full participation in a one-week onboarding session the week of October 7, 2018 is required.