- Job posted by Yunus Social Business Fund
About Yunus Social Business Fund Bengaluru:
Yunus Social Business (YSB) Fund Bengaluru, launched in 2017, finances social businesses pan-India across impact sectors such as education, healthcare, agriculture, clean energy and livelihoods. We invest patient capital in these businesses in order to help them scale their operations and we provide post-investment support to these businesses on strategy, product, talent and impact assessment.
YSB Fund Bengaluru is part of Yunus Social Business Global Initiatives, which was co-founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, Saskia Bruysten and Sophie Eisenmann in 2011 and has supported over 50 social businesses globally. In addition to our operations in India, Yunus Social Business has a footprint in Brazil, Colombia, Uganda and Kenya; with a team of over 40 people and a central office in Germany.
YSB Fund Bengaluru is looking for an enthusiastic, driven Portfolio Associate to aid the operations of the fund. This position would work closely with the Senior Portfolio Manager and the Managing Director of the Fund.
What’s on offer:
- A great opportunity to use your talent, business skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses and long-term impact in India
- An exciting work environment with a great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the entire organization
- A friendly and international team
- Carry out due diligence processes,including validation of the business and financial model, determination of financing structure (equity and debt), preparation and negotiation of term sheets and contracts.
- Prepare, present and maintain detailed and compelling investment documentation for the Investment Committee.
- Build an exhaustive network of relationships (including corporate, NGO, academic, investor, advisory) to identify new pipeline opportunities for the fund.
- Ensure comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for portfolio companies
- Continuously improve portfolio management processes, including reporting and tracking social and financial impact
- Develop long-term relationships with external stakeholders including funders, investors, advisors, thought leaders, sector and functional experts to provide business development and strategic post-investment management across the India portfolio.
- Contribute to work streams with YSB Global Initiatives and other country teams to support on a diverse range of work streams including, development of new tools, processes and products, impact assessment, research etc.
- 3 - 5 years of experience across investment banking, venture capital, private equity or management consulting
- Strong financial modelling and business analysis skills, as demonstrated by prior experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of early stage business, through operational and management support to companies is a plus, particularly in the social impact space
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and strong team orientation
- Willingness to travel to rural areas across India
- Master’s Degree
- CFA Institute Qualification (Levels I, II, III)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn ore about this opportunity and to apply for the role, click: https://bit.ly/2LvT22S