Account Supervisor, Issue Advocacy - DC
- Job posted by BerlinRosen
Account Supervisor, Issue Advocacy - DC
Washington , District of Columbia , United States
BerlinRosen is aleading national progressive public relationsandstrategic communicationsfirm delivering high impact media, digital and advertising strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates. Founded as a two-person startup in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen, the firm has grown to a staff of over 130 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. BerlinRosen has become known as the go-to firm for progressive organizations, campaigns, and candidates working on today's most pressing public issues across the U.S.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment,affordable housing,human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration.
About the Opportunity
The National Division is seeking a strategic, talented and committed leader to serve as its next Account Supervisor. This position provides a unique opportunity to play a leadership role on a talented and motivated team working with major national progressive organizations on some of the highest-profile issues of our time. Our team works with labor unions, civil rights and racial equity groups focused on the intersection of racial and economic justice. We help our clients improve the lives of working people, raise wages, address inequality in our economy and political system and hold some of the country's largest corporations accountable to workers and communities.
What makes an outstanding Account Supervisor? You are a strong public affairs tactician who can think strategically and analytically and serve as the trusted voice for our clients. In this role, you will develop and execute winning strategies to regularly insert our client's priorities into the news cycle. You will be a leader internally and empower your team to be creative while staying ahead of deadlines and deliverables. You will be an exceptional writer, with the ability to write and edit quickly. You will also have a proven track record of building relationships with reporters and substantive experience managing and executing integrated campaigns.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Working with team leadership to advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Developing and overseeing integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Writing and editing persuasive content such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos and communications plans
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key reporters
- Overseeing and developing junior staff members
- Managing projects, budgets and timelines
Applicants should possess:
- A deep level of personal commitment to and knowledge of social justice, particularly racial and economic justice in the United States
- A minimum of four to five years of project and/or client management experience in strategic communications, media relations, journalism, or related fields
- Excellent written communication skills, including deep experience developing sharp, compelling press materials, pitches and talking points requiring minimal editing
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters at top-tier outlets
- Low ego, a patient, and compassionate disposition, with a desire to work collaboratively with both junior and senior colleagues and clients
- Someone who enjoys working in a team environment that fosters staff growth, with strong leadership skills and experience managing staff
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A sense of humor!
Salary and Benefits
Very competitive salary; benefits include 401K, Bonuses, Dental, Vision, and Health insurance.
BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and BerlinRosen is committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required