Details: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
485 Madison Ave, 7th Fl
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Sandler Search is a retained executive search firm serving clients in the nonprofit, educational and philanthropic sectors. Founded in 2010 by Josie Sandler, Sandler Search has built upon its extensive experience in the executive search, nonprofit and management consulting arenas to become a leading firm in recruiting senior level executive leaders for mission-driven organizations. With offices located in New York City and Chicago, Sandler Search has deep experience and connections in the greater New York City area as well as nationally, with particular expertise in executive leadership, external affairs and development positions. Overall, Sandler Search provides a highly successful, consultative executive recruitment service to help build the strength and impact of mission-driven organizations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Research and Database Assistant is primarily responsible for database maintenance, entry, and updating as well as performing original research for the database to support search execution. He/she will also oversee technology including website maintenance and updates.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Maintain and update the Sandler Search database, performing data entry to ensure all research and search activities are properly documented including all candidate and client information.
• Conduct original research relevant to each individual search using web-based capabilities, including developing target source lists and creating organizational mapping and entering into database.
• Continually investigate and identify new potential candidates and sources throughout all stages of the search process.
• Manage day-to-day technological operations including website updates, computer, phone and other technology as necessary.
• Oversee knowledge management activities such as staying current on nonprofit and search industry trends, key organizations and executive moves.
• Assist with other search documentation and organization as necessary..
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will be an organized, energetic and professional individual who is task-oriented and productive. He/she will have excellent attention to detail and follow-through. A commitment to the nonprofit sector is a must. Bachelor’s degree required.
Key Professional and Personal Attributes Includes:
• Prior 1-3 years of professional or internship experience in the nonprofit and philanthropic sector, education, executive search, or professional services.
• Database savvy with a facility for quickly and effectively performing online research, data entry and other computer tasks.
• Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks with strong prioritization and problem solving skills.
• A quick learner with strong attention to detail, exceptional follow-through skills, and a commitment to excellence.
• A positive outlook, strong work ethic and performance, high energy and a sense of humor appreciated.
• Comfort managing sensitive information, with an appreciation for and commitment to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality.
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Basic HTML and WordPress experience a plus.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Sandler Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please email cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required