District of Columbia
TenSquare is a national charter school support organization that works alongside schools and staff to make lasting and measurable change. Working in nine states and the District of Columbia, TenSquare has practice areas in school performance, talent services, facility development, and authorizer/agency support. TenSquare team members bring operational and management expertise from top tier schools and networks from around the country.
TenSquare works in partnership with schools and school systems to help them navigate the charter accountability landscape, grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive charter school environment, and improve student outcomes. Specifically, we:
- Provide strategic and focused accountability coaching for leaders and boards;
- Develop and help implement high-impact and proven instructional coaching strategies and professional development to increase student achievement;
- Strengthen organizational performance through enhanced processes for budgeting, staffing, scheduling, compliance, and other operational priorities;
- Conduct in-depth performance audits and create data-driven action plans and operational road maps for change;
- Provide performance data analysis and compliance support;
- Facilitate long-term capacity building, strategic planning, and turnaround initiatives;
- Recruit high performing teachers and leaders for PK-12 and Adult Ed schools;
- Support planning, development, and financing of facilities projects.
TenSquare’s strategic, hands-on engagements have led to significant gains in student achievement and organizational performance as measured by state exams and authorizer report cards.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing TenSquare’s school improvement projects. In this role, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Work with TenSquare partners to project manage school performance audits, school improvement projects, and other multi-faceted projects;
- Prepare reports and manage reporting to client boards of directors;
- Develop and manage detailed project plans to monitor and track progress against goals;
- Manage different stakeholders towards outcomes, ensuring every owner meets deliverables and deadlines;
- Write grants, reports and proposals, as needed;
- Support content specific projects, as needed.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Three to five years of work experience, preferably in a related field;
- Demonstrable track record of successful project management and leadership;
- Experience and comfort working with project teams, charter school boards, and school leadership;
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, required.
Skills and Characteristics
- Relentless attention to details;
- Exceptional writing ability;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to facilitate teams and manage team members toward excellence;
- Strong analytical skills—ability to develop SMART goals, dashboards, and other tools to measure, evaluate, and report on project success;
- Familiarity with varying state and school accountability systems and measures, preferred; ability to learn new systems and measures quickly;
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral communication skills—ability to engage all project partners, including charter boards, school leaders, and school staff effectively;
- Grant and proposal writing experience, a plus;
- A demonstrated passion for advancing educational opportunities in low-income communities; knowledge of the charter school movement, a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click here to apply to the Senior Project Manager position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
TenSquare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TenSquare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.