Are you a financial leader within the nonprofit sector?
Do you have a knack for managing a team of financial professionals?
Does the knowledge of helping the citizens of Chicago with health initiatives inspire you to work harder?
We are currently in search of a Deputy Director of Finance for a healthcare nonprofit. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Deputy Director of Finance
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Deputy Director of Finance joins executive management team in managing the organization and staff, monitoring all program and fiscal operations, and developing new lines of business. The DDF manages all financial aspects of the organization, supervises three finance staff, and supports organizational growth and development. The DDF will collaborate with the Executive Director and all members of the executive team on financial and accounting matters that impact all programs and overall financial position.
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Retirement Plan with Match
· Vacation, Sick time, and Holidays
· 100% Cell Phone Reimbursement
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Five to seven years’ experience in financial management of nonprofit organizations required.
· Master’s Degree in Finance or Business Preferred.
· CPA license or Illinois registration Required
· Expertise with QuickBooks accounting systems Required
· Experience with Change Management Preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Provide program management teams with guidance and administrative support on program budget development, sub agency risk assessment and monitoring, sub agency voucher preparation training, and development of expense management process and systems that efficiently serve the needs of the organization.
· Provide the Executive and Deputy Directors with financial advisory support on budget development for project and grant proposals, business plans, lease negotiations, cost management, and contractual negotiations.
· Supervise and support Program and Accounting team to ensure that all expense vouchers are properly and accurately prepared and submitted for reimbursement on a timely basis.
· Ensure that all subcontractors, consultant, and vendor requests for payment are processed on a timely basis and tracked from date of invoice receipt to date of payment.
· Oversee fiscal agent pass-through services for multiple not-for-profit clients. Assure that accounting practices and procedures are in compliance with U.S. GAAP related to revenue recognition. This work includes negotiating contracts and determining fees.
· Serve as lead contact with insurance agencies in the administration of insurance coverage requirements related to professional liability, property, general liability, and worker’s compensation.
· Provide regular updates to the Executive and Deputy Directors on cash flow projections, budgets, cash and receivable reconciliations, etc. Monitor lines of credit and develop working relationships with bankers.
· Develop and manage organization and program budgets. Utilize financial analysis forecasting, modeling, and other financial tools to facilitate organizational development, growth, and financial sustainability.
· Define the key processes and technology and implement the infrastructure/systems changes needed to support the long term growth goals of the organization.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Idealist Candidate Deputy Director of Finance” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Idealist Candidate Deputy Director of Finance” in the subject line.