10001 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Do you a passion for ending poverty?
Are you a program manager with experience in job-readiness training?
We are currently in search of a Program Manager, Job Readiness for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC and Silver Spring, MD. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Ward 8) and Silver Spring, MD
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager, Job Readiness
ANNUAL SALARY: $45,000-$55,000
Is This Your Dream Job? This position requires prior experience working with job readiness programming as well as an ability to work independently, deliver training classes, and mentor individuals seeking to enter or re-enter the workforce. The program manager will spend 80% of their time in the Washington DC office and 20% in Silver Spring for meetings and trainings. Prior experience working with inner-city populations of all ages is highly desired.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of program management experience required
· Additional experience with job-readiness programming required
· Ability to lead classes for small and large groups of people
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Unyielding commitment to the movement to end poverty
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Develop relationship with local employers to create potential opportunities for trainees
· Improve and develop new workforce development curriculum
· Create strategic goals to ensure growth in workforce development efforts
· Provide resources to program participants on local job fairs, training opportunities, workshops and additional resources
· Develop robust program calendar for professional skill building activities and workshops
· Identify key needs of the community and strategize how to build programming to meet those needs
· Coordinate volunteer responsibilities and training materials
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Readiness” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Minimum Education Required