Best Choice Staffing is working with a great educational nonprofit located near Bryant Park. The organization needs someone to join their team working with their alumni base. The role will include communicating/marketing events to the alumni, preparing and planning events, working with vendors and researching location sites for events.
If you enjoy events and working with people please share your resume. The client is looking to have someone cover their maternity leave which should run about 6-7 months. The client needs someone who will work from home with the occasional visit to the office. If you are working this might not be the best scenario for you, but please don't hesitate to share your resume.
As a member of the Alumni Relations and Events team, the Alumni Relations / Events Assistant provides support to the Director, Alumni Relations / Events, and the Senior Events Manager.
Under the direction of the Director, Alumni Relations and Events, responsibilities will include:
Event Support -
• Work as main manager of event registrations.
• Coordinate event logistics; pre-event, onsite support, and post-event. At this time most/all events will be virtual/web based.
• Create and maintain event budgets, process event related bills.
• Keep venue/vendor files and contact details up to date.
• Provide support in creating event briefings and prospect profiles, as needed.
• Provide ongoing support including drafting copy for event communications, organizing data, files, and materials.
• Work as lead organizer for these remote events.
Volunteer Engagement Support -
• Manage a portfolio of Alumni Volunteer Groups.
• Manage Alumni Relations inbox.
• Work with Communications Manager on copy for volunteer led events, as needed.
• Communicate necessary alumni group contact page updates for the website with Communications Manager, as needed.
• Assist with Board meetings and various Board-related activities, including coordinating travel logistics and assisting Director, Alumni Relations & Events, with Board projects as assigned.
• Update tracking spreadsheets for North America alumni groups, as assigned.
• Collaborating with Database team on data requests from alumni groups, as requested.
Communications Support -
• Maintain and distribute internal Upcoming Events Calendar.
• Post event registration and attendee lists to the Advancement Intranet.
• Manage stock of pop-up banners.
• Manage stock of branded event giveaways.
• Assist with writing copy for event communications, as needed.
Administrative Support -
• Provide administrative support, including expense report processing for Director, Alumni Relations and Events.
• Handle travel bookings for team, as assigned.
• Manage communications with constituents by answering Alumni Relations phone line and responding to Events and general inbox inquiries.
• Compose routine correspondence, proofread letters, and other documents, as needed.
• Schedule team meetings using office shared calendar and setting up zoom.
• Manage team conference call bookings on office-wide Conference Call Calendar.
• Mail letters and packages in support of Alumni Relations and Event management efforts.
• Assist with special projects and performs other duties as assigned or requested by the Director, Alumni
Relations & Events.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1-2 years related experience required.
• Experience in development or alumni relations, preferably at an institution of higher education.
• Strong event planning and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Exhibit excellent judgment and be able to work cooperatively and communicate in a professional manner with Board members, regional alumni volunteers, prospective donors, and members at all levels in the University and the Colleges.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Must be professional, organized, creative and efficient, with excellent interpersonal skills to work successfully as part of a team.
• Understanding of working in a complex academic environment highly desirable.
• Candidate must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Outlook.
• Ideal candidate will demonstrate some experience with advancement software.
This role will start as a full time, temporary role that should require someone to work until middle/end of August.
Best Choice Staffing is working with a great educational nonprofit located near Bryant Park. The organization needs someone to join their team working with their alumni base. The role will include communicating/marketing events to the…