- Job posted by HELP USA
About HELP USA
HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people per year in 52 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
HELP USA is seeking a Shift Supervisor who will take full responsibility for the overall operation of one of our shelter sites during those work shifts and other time periods when director-level Social Service or Safety staff are not on duty at the facility. Operational responsibility will be primarily during evening, night and weekend shifts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising other staff working the same shift.
- Conducting or supervising regular inspections of the facility, including all sleeping areas.
- Ensuring the safety of all shelter residents.
- Supervising the safety and incident reporting systems and overseeing liaison with DHS security staff as necessary.
- Collaborating with therapeutic community shift supervisor to ensure safety of clients and maintaining a positive working relationship with any social service subcontractors at the facility.
- Supervising intake, bed assignments, and related client service activities.
- Supervising facility maintenance staff on duty and ensuring that the facility is well maintained.
- New York State Security Guard License required.
- FDNY F-80 certification and F-02 required.
- High School Diploma or GED required, with Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Significant experience working in residential facilities required.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft applications required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Please send cover letter with resume to: email@example.com
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required