Details: This opportunity offers a generous pay rate of up to $68.00 per hr depending on experience. Additional medical, vision, dental and life insurance offered after conversion to a full-time permanent position.
Scion Nonprofit Staffing ( www.scionstaffing.com ) has been retained to conduct a search for a full-time interim Chief Operating Officer for our client, a highly reputable and diversified education nonprofit organization located in Seattle, WA!
This role is intended for a highly motivated leader with the desire to work within a diverse and passionate work environment. The ideal professional will be a proven leader with a successful demonstrated history overseeing operations and managing a leadership team.
- Full-time position with very competitive compensation and endless possibility!
- Work within an organization focused on acceptance, collaboration, and innovation.
- The ability to work remotely up to two days a week.
- Full benefits upon full-time permanent conversion.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with the senior leadership team to create and implement plans for the operational infrastructure consistent with the rapid growth objectives.
- Consistently improve the policies, procedures, and day to day operations using evidence-based practices.
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate human resources, sales, information technology, financial operations, legal and the facilities.
- Evaluate strategies, financials, and capabilities to maximize success within the organization.
- Provide guidance to staff regarding budgetary preparation and oversee annual planning and budgeting process.
- Work closely with the Chief Program Officer to set guidelines and allocate resources to accomplish both short and long-term goals.
- Conduct the hiring, mentoring, reviewing and coaching of staff.
- Effectively communicate with the organization’s leaders and staff to manage projects and assign tasks as appropriate.
- Manage overall implementation of operational procedures and policies.
What You Have to Offer
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- MBA or master’s degree in educational leadership or finance is a huge plus!
- 10 years of leadership experience.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of successful operational standards.
- Strong yet encouraging management style.
- Analytical skills.
- The ability to succeed and adjust in a constantly evolving environment.
- Grant writing experience.
- Operate with high moral standards.
- Ability to pass screening criteria including background check, reference check, and provide proof of US citizenship or work visa.
You are committed to
- The belief that students of all backgrounds should have the same opportunity and access to the highest level of academic school programs no matter their financial status or skin-color.
- The belief that empowerment starts with working together as a team internally and with clients.
- The belief that effective decision-making and clear communication practices result in a more transparent and deliberate impact.
Compensation & Additional Details
This opportunity offers a generous pay rate of up to $68.00 per hr depending on experience. Additional medical, vision, dental and life insurance offered after conversion to a full-time permanent position.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter in MS Word (.doc or .docx) format as well as your response to the supplemental questions below to email@example.com.
1. Do you currently require sponsorship or will you require sponsorship in the future to work in the United States?*
2. What geographic location are you hoping to work in? Do you have any geographic limitations or a radius you would like to stay within?
3. What specific salary are you targeting in your current search?
4. Why are you looking to transition out of your current employment situation into an opportunity like this?
5. How many years of operational leadership do you possess?
6. What is your highest level of education?
7. Why are you a mission-match for a nonprofit organization with a focus on bringing and sustaining equality within our schools?
* We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
About Our Firm
Scion Staffing is an award winning staffing firm with offices in Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms.
Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2015 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Minimum Education Required