District of Columbia
TenSquare is a national charter school support organization that works alongside schools and staff to make lasting and measurable change. Working in nine states and the District of Columbia, TenSquare has practice areas in school performance, talent services, facility development, and authorizer/agency support. TenSquare team members bring operational and management expertise from top tier schools and networks from around the country.
- TenSquare works in partnership with schools and school systems to help them navigate the charter accountability landscape, grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive charter school environment, and improve student outcomes. Specifically, we:Provide strategic and focused accountability coaching for leaders and boards;
- Develop and help implement high-impact and proven instructional coaching strategies and professional development to increase student achievement;
- Strengthen organizational performance through enhanced processes for budgeting, staffing, scheduling, compliance, and other operational priorities;
- Conduct in-depth performance audits and create data-driven action plans and operational road maps for change;
- Provide performance data analysis and compliance support;
- Facilitate long-term capacity building, strategic planning, and turnaround initiatives;
- Recruit high performing teachers and leaders for PK-12 and Adult Ed schools;
- Support planning, development, and financing of facilities projects.
Our strategic, hands-on engagements have led to significant gains in student achievement and organizational performance as measured by state exams and authorizer report cards.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The School Improvement Leadership Coach implements the school improvement strategy with school leaders at client sites in Washington, DC. Each strategic plan is developed in collaboration with TenSquare leadership and tailored to the unique needs of the individual school/network. This position may be part-time or full-time.
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:Lead school improvement project priorities to meet targeted student achievement and school performance outcomes
- Build the capacity of rising school leaders through regular coaching and strategic planning sessions focused on attaining student achievement outcomes
- Develop the primary school leader’s ability to set the school-wide vision and culture of achievement, identify achievement goals, and manage teachers and staff toward achieving the vision and goals
- Guide school-wide professional development planning and implementation
- Guide the instructional coaching program and teacher observation process
- Analyze school data and guide school leaders in interpreting and using data to determine program design and decisions
- Inform evaluations of teachers and staff
- Support the talent recruitment and screening processes
- Support the day-to-day school program, as needed
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Educational Background and Work ExperienceDemonstrated success as a school leader or leadership coach
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; a Master’s degree preferred
- Skills and CharacteristicsA proven track record of raising student achievement, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need student populations
- A performance- and results-driven approach to school leadership and student outcomes
- Proven ability to facilitate teams and manage leaders toward concrete outcomes
- Experience coaching school staff to instructional excellence
- Deep familiarity with the Common Core standards, and experience with the PARCC exam a plus
- Comfort analyzing, synthesizing, and prioritizing data to solve problems and develop strategies to achieve ambitious academic goals
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- A demonstrated passion for advancing educational opportunities in low-income communities; knowledge of the charter school movement a plus
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
TenSquare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TenSquare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Minimum Education Required