- Job posted by New York City Ballet
70 Lincoln Center Plaza
The New York City Ballet seeks an Operations Associate to provide support to the Senior Director of Operations and all production departments in financial and operational analysis and management. A key priority of the position is to ensure that the Senior Director of Operations and all production department heads have a good understanding of the financials and can make cost-effective operational decisions. The next priorities will be to improve efficiency of production departments and streamline operations.
- In coordination with production department heads, develop, document, and refine all production budgets
- Provide detailed financial reporting and analysis for all production departments including monthly variance analysis and forecast
- Liaise between finance department and production department heads to conform transaction coding to budget structure and required accounting treatment
- Work with finance department to ensure budgets align with historical practices
- Review and reconcile accounts payable and payroll expenses for proper accounting coding
- Conduct 1-off analyses on production department expenses or other metrics to help with management decisions
- Provide financial reporting and analysis for grant applications and major donations in coordination with Development departments and help identify and size potential funding opportunities
- Support union negotiations; provide contract models and costing of proposals, and assist in union contract drafting, proofing and review
- Maintain and update production and season calendars
- Manage rentals of three NYCB Rose Building Studios
- Assist in tour planning and logistics as needed
- Assist as needed with situational support of Operations and Production department activities
- Undertake projects to streamline and systematize operations and functions
- Maintain and manage the Artistic and Orchestra database
- Maintain and update payroll templates and manage payroll improvement projects to ensure adoption of more efficient systems
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree in administration a plus
- Experience in non-profit, arts, or entertainment operations
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills
- Coursework and/or experience in financial management and accounting
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, and experience with databases
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable self-starter with an ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to :
with “Operations Associate” in the subject line.
No Calls Please.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required