Development Manager, Grants & Administration
- Job posted by Illinois Action for Children
Illinois Action for Children, a local, state and national leader in the early care and education sector for nearly 50 years, is seeking a seasoned philanthropic and government grant writer and project manager to join its Development team. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the experience and initiative to play an instrumental role in helping to grow the organizations funding portfolio.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations (AD), the Development Manager, Grants & Administration is responsible for writing and submitting multidisciplinary, and multi-collaborative grant proposals, ranging in size, scope and complexity, to a wide range of funding agencies and organizations. These include both public and private external entities, such as foundations, corporations, government, and other institutions. The Grant Writer/Administrator will support budget development, prepare grant and stewardship reports to corporate and foundation donors and manage the grants tracking process.
This position will have goals to produce a specific number of quality proposals in alignment with the organizations annual development plan. The Development Manager, Grants & Administration will collaborate with the Development team and will work closely with agency leadership and program directors to develop strongly positioned proposals for varied programs and projects that can be marketed effectively to corporations and foundations. All work is to be completed with standard supervision, confidentiality, integrity, and good judgment in accordance with organization standards.
This position may be eligible for telecommuting up to two days per week after the initial 90-day on-boarding period.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
Write high-quality, well-positioned funding proposals and project manage all aspects of the proposal/report writing process; prioritize and coordinate grant applications; Have knowledge of procedures governing state, federal, and private grant proposal submissions, funder selection criteria and post-award funder expectations.
- Pre-and post-award proposal writing, including Letters of Inquiry, abstracts, concept papers, and acknowledgement letters;
- Leading the execution of logic model development; supporting project budget development; preparing related application and stewardship materials.
- Actively engage in ongoing prospect research to identify viable funding opportunities that align with the agencys priorities;
- Provide effective coordination of activities for prospective and current funding organizations, including site visits and prospect/cultivation/stewardship meetings;
- Within initial 6 months, develop a strong knowledge and understanding of key staff and program and policy areas, and the protocols for effective communications and interactions within the organization;
- Support the Development team in the execution of other fundraising related activities as needed.
SALARY: $53,900 year/min.
IL Action for Children is EEO/M/F/V/D employer.
Minimum Education Required