Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is currently seeking to fill a key role in its mission to be a passionate champion for those who have no voice. If you are a candidate with strong leadership and grant management experience at the director level in the non-profit sector, we want to hear from you!
Under the direction of the Chief Program Operations Officer, the Northwest Community Action Center CAP Director is responsible for:
- Overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the Northwest Community Action Center , and the consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
- Ensuring financial and operational viability of the services provided.
- Approximately 75 FTE's, and 100 part-time and stipend-paid program volunteers
- Over a $10 million dollar budget from multiple funding sources.
This position is located in Toppenish, WA. We're interested in all qualified candidates, including those outside the area who are open to relocating to Yakima. Relocation assistance available.
What We Offer:
- Excellent Healthcare benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Robust Employee Assistance program
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following traits:
- Extensive experience with grant management.
- A leadership style that balances meeting goals, listening to community needs, working with funders, and motivating and supporting program managers.
- Robust understanding of low-income population needs, including family and community development, weatherization program, energy assistance, emergency services, and education initiatives.
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, volunteers, other agencies, community groups, businesses, local governments and the general public.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Administration, Human Services or related field.
- Four years' experience in a senior management/leadership capacity and experience with multiple grant and contract compliance and budgets.
- Current Washington State driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Master's Degree in Business, Public Administration, or Human Services.
- Seven years managerial experience or in a senior leadership role related to human services. Experience in building working relationships with governmental agencies, school districts, community groups, and other entities. Experience in effective managerial and agency administration methods and practices.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.