A non-profit organization is seeking an Accounting Manager to oversee their accounting and financial analysis. The Accounting Manager will coordinate the year end consolidation process to ensure an accurate and timely close, assure that assets are prudently managed, and that GAAP and standards are adhered to with respect to financial processes and reporting.
- Maintain compliance with GAAP for all entities and their associated accounts, including adherence to all required policies and procedures.
- Review all relevant financial submissions, reconciliations and analyses of all accounts, supporting work papers and financial reports.
- Manage the annual closing process. This includes the annual consolidation.
- Provide payroll support as it relates to tax law changes and policy/process changes.
- Participate in Finance & Operations Manager training seminars including content design.
- Assist with implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provide assistance with the development and implementation of new policies and procedures, as well as financial systems.
- Supervise, train and develop senior and staff accountants.
- Interact in positive and professional manner with staff and visitors.
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelors of Business Administration and/or Accounting degree, MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience and supervisory experience.
- Proven management and analytical skills.
- Experience in implementation of policies and procedures, as well as enhancement of accounting systems and processes.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills along with attention to detail.
- Strong service orientation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org