- Job posted by Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for an experienced, dynamic professional to fill the full-time role of Program Attorney. This position requires a J.D., a working knowledge of business and corporate law and significant familiarity with continuing legal education. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is an organized multi-tasker, and is passionate about providing high quality, current and engaging education to the legal community and related business professionals.
Reporting to the Director, Programs, the Program Attorney will be responsible for designing, creating, budgeting and executing successful continuing legal education (CLE) programs to educate lawyers and related professionals on current legal topics, using various delivery methods (e.g. live, streaming, on-demand).
• Coordinate all phases of program planning and execution for approximately 25 - 30 programs annually. Responsible for the continuous updating and improvement of existing annual programs, as well as for creating new programs and contributing ideas for hot topic one-hour legal briefings.
• Responsible for working with Program Chairs to develop program schedules, identify and recruit volunteer faculty, compile materials for a course handbook and achieve all program objectives in a timely and efficient matter while professionally handling/minimizing issues or obstacles to meeting program goals.
• Work closely and collaboratively with PLI Marketing, Sales, Publishing and CLE departments to ensure assigned programs are well attended and meet all requirements for accreditation. Will also ensure all internal deadlines are met.
• Create, continually monitor and stay within individual program budgets.
• Research and maintain current knowledge of legal developments in corporate and business law to ensure that existing and new programs address relevant topics, attract a large number of program participants and meet revenue goals.
• Other duties, as assigned.
The Program Attorney will oversee one Program Coordinator who will assist the Program Attorney in all aspects of program planning and execution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• J.D. and 4 to 6 years combined experience in law, management, CLE or related program design and coordination and/or business development. Exposure to sales and/or marketing is required.
• Admittance to a U.S. state bar is required.
• Working knowledge of corporate and business law.
• Demonstrates proactive approach to maintaining knowledge of current legal developments.
• Excellent organizational skills. Self-directed.
• Excellent computer skills with familiarity with budgeting/financial planning and various software programs.
• Must be detail-oriented, even-tempered and maintain a positive can-do attitude
• Periodic travel may be required.
• Ability to work a full-time schedule and be on-site Monday through Friday.
• Productive Relationship Builder: Capable of initiating and cultivating productive relationships with both internal and external constituencies.
• Skilled Communicator: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strategic Thinker: Armed with information about current legal developments, is able to see opportunities for PLI to strengthen and expand its position in the CLE marketplace and to present these opportunities to senior management.
• Diplomatic: Ability to manage competing interests and differing opinions, to a successful resolution.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism through excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ethical and trustworthy as shown by consistent action.
• Collaborative team player, caring, collegial and patient.
• Highly intelligent with strong performance standards.
• Serves as a professional role model for the organization.
• Anticipates and deals with issues proactively and positively.
• Flexible and responsive to change.
• Demonstrates curiosity; is enthusiastic about learning.
• Passionate about continuing legal education and training of the current and next generation of lawyers.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.
PLI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any candidate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, citizenship or veteran status.
To apply visit: http://apptrkr.com/1176998
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply visit: http://apptrkr.com/1176998