Senior Manager, Development
- Job posted by Two Ten Foundation
Details: Very competitive
Two Ten is currently looking to add to their Development and Marketing Team. The Senior Manager position will be based in Waltham and reports to the Director of Development. Join the team that makes a difference for low/moderate income workers in the footwear industry! Two Ten is the country’s first operating foundation that serves employees in footwear companies of all sizes across the country. This employment-based model of intervention is an innovative and effective philanthropic approach to lasting social progress.
The Senior Manager is a member of the Development and Marketing team that supports the Foundation’s direct service to employees across the footwear industry nationwide with scholarships, emergency grants, training, counseling, coaching, networking, career cultivation, and more. Help us develop, drive, and grow the financial and network resources of the Foundation by leveraging Two Ten programs, events, activities and initiatives to increase awareness of and engagement with the Foundation Through concerted relationship-building efforts, the Senior Manager will inspire manage, develop and grow all cause-related marketing and development partnerships; oversee and drive employee giving programs (EGP) and Two Ten Day activities; manage all seasonal and special direct mail appeals including the Spring Supplier Campaign and natural disaster appeals; manage annual gold tournaments.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Oversee and expand existing employee giving programs (EGP) to increase current financial and participation outcomes.
o Build on Two Ten Day, an important outgrowth of employee giving programs.
- Oversee all direct mail appeals including seasonal appeals, special natural disaster-related appeals and the Spring Supplier Campaign including committee management and prospect list-building.
- Driving existing, and developing new, golf tournaments in St Louis, NYC, Charlotte, Boston, west coast.
- Supporting all cause-related partnerships and campaigns in conjunction with corporate partners to meet pre-determined financial and participation goals.
- Actively supporting other team members’ key Two Ten events and activities as required, including the Annual Gala.
- Participating in weekly meetings with the Development / Marketing team(s), prepared with updates on attainment of benchmarks on financial and participation goals, coordination efforts, and support for the group as needed.
This job might be for you if:
• You easily and naturally care about, and engage with people. You love interacting and collaborating with people, and have loads of innate savvy about getting business done in a way that deepens relationships.
• You are a builder and motivator. The development team requires a strong team-member who can juggle 10 balls in the air and show poise and focus while doing so. The development team is involved in all aspects of Two Ten life; hence you must be perceived as all-knowing, all-seeing and well-ahead-of-the-curve.
• You love getting the job done. You love taking on difficult challenges independently and finding creative solutions, you like managing multiple projects at once, and in the process, you are patient, levelheaded and cool under pressure like a Saint.
• You are innately a "relationship-builder." You are always focused on strengthening the organization's brand and profile internally and externally by developing strong and meaningful relationships with donors to ensure they realize their philanthropic goals and love the Foundation.
• You pay attention to details but have a clear 'big picture' perspective. As far as you're concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing excellent - every single time.
• You communicate clearly. Your written work is exceptional, compelling and smart. You speak eloquently. You can speak to 150 people and nail it. You can explain just about anything to anybody and you're very comfortable on the phone, working with your peers and team members, and communicating with Two Ten board members, industry supporters and executives at every level.
• You are driven. You like a fast-paced environment. You like being challenged and work through problems to get the job done. You enjoy a diversity of job requirements. You want to make a meaningful difference in the world and it doesn't bother you that sometimes it requires your involvement before 9am and after 5pm.
• You want to make positive change in the world. You easily and naturally care about, and engage with people. You love interacting and collaborating with people, and have loads of innate savvy about getting business done in a way that deepens relationships.
For interest in this role please email Margaret Miley at email@example.com
Two Ten Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Two Ten:
Two Ten Footwear Foundation is the footwear industry’s charitable foundation. As an operating foundation, Two Ten provides $1,950,000 in emergency financial assistance alongside telephonic social services, information and referrals, access to confidential counseling and other resources for thousands of footwear employees who contact Two Ten for help each year.
Two Ten also provides $1,000,000 in college scholarships to footwear employees and their children. In addition, Two Ten organizes a number community-building initiatives including Women in the Footwear Industry (WIFI) and Footwear Cares (a national volunteer campaign involving 125 footwear companies and 10,000 volunteers) plus 50-75 outreach events during the year in nine major markets across the US.
Our 45 Board members are among the industry’s leading executives, including executives from: Caleres, New Balance, HH Brown, Steve Madden Inc., Wolverine World Wide, Nordstrom, VF Corporation, Lord & Taylor, Zappos and Foot Locker.
History: ln the 1930's Boston was the center of America's shoe manufacturing industry. With the Great Depression, the industry and its people experienced severe job loss. At that time, 210 Lincoln Street was the home for 300 shoe companies. Every Wednesday afternoon the local footwear community would gather for “Leather Days” when samples were inspected.
One shoe person shared his personal trauma and his friends rallied by passing a hat around the room to take a collection. From this spontaneous expression of caring, a gift of $500 was provided by Abe Shapiro to create Two Ten Associates, the precursor to Two Ten Footwear Foundation.
Two Ten is the only industry-wide charitable foundation in the US, serving its own workforce - raising funds from footwear companies and industry leaders to assist shoe people and their families at times of crisis.
Very competitive benefits
Minimum Education Required