- Job posted by Entrepreneurs' Organization Portland
Our Mission To engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow
Our Vision To build the world's most influential community of entrepreneurs and we do that by engaging leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow.
Our Core Values
- Boldly Go! - Bet on your own abilities
- Thirst for Learning - Be a student of opportunity
- Make a Mark - Leave a legacy
- Trust and Respect - Build a safe haven for learning and growth
- Cool - Create, seek out and celebrate once-in-a-lifetime experiences
The Chapter Administrator plays an integral role in the growth and development of EO Portland, as well as the member entrepreneurs you support. By facilitating the benefits, services, and opportunities that EO members receive, the Chapter Administrator helps strengthen the EO experience and further positions EO as a global thought leader on entrepreneurship. Executing at the highest level, the chapter administrator ensures all touch points and experiences (communication, events, access) EO members, Board members, and strategic partners receive exemplify our five core values.
The Chapter Administrator reports directly to the President of the EO Portland Board. The position allows the flexibility of primarily working from home and traveling to meetings and events throughout the day. There is also the option of working occasionally from the President’s company office.
Entrepreneur Organization Portland Chapter Structure
EO is a Global organization. The Chapter Administrator will assist the EO Portland Chapter Board with their daily, monthly, and yearly responsibilities. The Chapter Administrator will work with the Chapter Board to ensure the chapter runs smoothly and efficiently, maintaining timely and clear communication with members to make sure they have easy access to EO benefits, services, and opportunities.
EO Portland Board Positions
- Membership Chair
- Member Integration Chair
- Communication Chair
- Learning Chair
- Finance Chair
- Strategic Partner Chair
- Accelerator Chair
- Mentorship Chair
- Diversity + Inclusion Chair
An ideal candidate is a responsible, efficient, effective communicator; organized; self motivated; self starter; trustworthy; friendly and professional individual who understands and can handle fast-paced entrepreneurial direction.
Success in this position looks like these things:
- Follow through. Follow through. Follow through.
- Responsiveness to requests.
- Getting the details right.
- Manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Thrives in a constantly changing environment.
- Can take direction from a variety of people.
- Manages projects from start to finish.
- Anticipates the needs of the board and does what is needed to be helpful,
- Resourceful - Finds ways to make things happen – gut reaction is to say “yes, and”.
- Provides solutions when pointing out a problem.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours; some nights and roughly 2-3 weekends are required
- Must possess strong office management skills; computer proficient; strong knowledge of office equipment use; computer software experience; experience working with spreadsheets; database applications; email and internet use
- Computer Experience: Word - Design and deliver professional looking letters, post cards, invitations, perform and execute mail merge from outside database sources, Create Powerpoint presentations, Quickbooks – enter and pay invoices, run reports, reconcile accounts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Adobe Indesign – create postcards, posters, invitations, name tags
- Strong oral and written communication
- Social media savvy
- Email etiquette
- Familiarity with AV equipment
- Reliable transportation
- Professional in appearance
- Will respond to text, phone, or email messages within 48 hours
- Event planning experience a plus
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Update the EO website including Calendar of Events, Board Meetings, Trainings,
- Provide assistance to the local EO Chapter Board Members
- Manage chapter membership database
- Prepare all PR and marketing materials for shipping
- Keep chapter members informed through email communications
- Enter EO prospects and applications into EOnetwork
- Send prospect information to prospective members
- Promote EO benefits, services, and opportunities to chapter members
- Update the chapter profile and member profiles on EOnetwork
- Act as liaison between the EO local chapter and EO Global Support Services
- Maintain communications through bulk mailings, faxes, emails, and press releases
- Act as main point of communication between the chapter members and the chapter board
- Answer chapter member inquiries by phone or email
- Maintain strong communications with the EO chapter account manager
- Office management – order supplies to ensure office is well stocked and all equipment is in good working order
- Coordinate meetings between chapter members and members of the board
- Monthly board meeting administration
- Logistics including but not limited to meeting space, attendance, meeting minutes, board accountability, reminders, materials
- Create and communicate with the chapter through monthly newsletters
- Inform members of monthly learning and recruitment events
- Post learning and recruitment events on EOnetwork
- Update Monthly Chapter Stats Report and submit to EO Global Support Services
- Chapter event logistics support (recruitment, learning, social)
- Secure venue, date, time
- Post event on EOnetwork
- Set up, coordinate, and track payments from members attending the chapter event
- Coordinate speaker, photographer, catering
- AV Equipment – set up presentation
- Arrange travel for some speakers
- Create and send event invitations
- Coordinate event registration
- Create name badges for members and sponsors
- Confirm event logistics with vendors and speaker
- Update speaker database on EOnetwork. Collect speaker evaluations
- Track event attendance in EOnetwork
- Collect contract from vendors and send to finance chair for payment
- Know the yearly calendar and budget as far out as possible for each event
- Conduct surveys and track metrics if needed
- Attend Global Leadership Conference (GLC) with the Chapter Board at cost to the chapter
- Assist in membership renewal process (June - August)
- Track members renewals
- Inform EO Global Support Services of any wire transfers or payments that are pending
- Keep in constant communication with the chapter’s EO Global Support Services chapter account manager about member renewal status
- Assist president and board in replacing outgoing board members
- Perform various special projects on an as-needed basis
- Chapter Budget - assist Finance Chair
- Chapter Renewals
- Annual Strategic Summit – coordinate, schedule, take notes, etc.
- Procure and deliver swag
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/27718?s=id