The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union, dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights. Equally important, we are an association of highly qualified professionals, committed to establishing and maintaining optimal conditions for student learning from preschool through graduate school.
The MTA and its 110,000 members work to advance the quality and equity of Massachusetts public schools and colleges by securing the working conditions and professional respect and autonomy of educators, advocating for full funding for public education, and challenging education “reforms” that serve to privatize public education and undermine educator professionalism and the student learning experience.
The MTA is seeking an Accounts Receivable Membership Clerk who maintains membership data, prepares financial transactions, and provides guidance to local officers, employees and individual members regarding membership and dues related issues, policies & procedures. This position is conveniently located in Quincy, MA.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for the detailed maintenance of all membership data, including the following specific areas
• Processing all membership data including demographics/contact, membership & dues type, and employment information
• Customer service and support
• Assisting stakeholders including local officers, active members and retirees in matters related to dues, demographic data and billing.
• Preparation of dues deposits
• Maintain complete knowledge of membership processing procedures and related policies and bylaws.
• Process updates to records in the membership database.
• Audit electronic membership files and upload data files into the membership database.
• Disseminate financial membership information and materials.
• Provide membership processing instructions to local associations.
• Assist in compiling data for financial reports and NEA transmittals.
• Prepare necessary correspondence to local associations.
• College degree preferred.
• Accounting or business courses training.
• Three to five years of accounts billing data experience.
• Knowledge/experience in accounts receivable and enrollment records accounting.
• Attention to detail and extreme accuracy.
• Working knowledge of computer financial systems, Windows applications and data entry systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
• Willingness to work as team member in a fast-paced financial environment.
MTA reserves the right to waive any qualifications at its discretion*
The MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff.
The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union, dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights. Equally important, we are an association of highly…