District of Columbia
TenSquare is a national charter school support organization that works alongside schools to make lasting and measurable change. TenSquare works in partnership with school leaders to help them navigate the charter accountability landscape, grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive charter school environment, and improve student outcomes. Our strategic, hands-on engagements have led to significant gains in student achievement and organizational performance as measured by state exams and authorizer report cards.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Data Manger to lead the collection, analysis, and dissemination of school, student, and instructional data. The Data Manager will be responsible for providing real-time insights into student achievement, progress, behavior, and other key indicators of student and school success, to teachers and leaders while also managing reporting to the school’s external stakeholders. The Data Manager will collaborate with school leaders to ensure that the school’s data management is responsible to all of the stakeholder’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Continue to develop, improve and strengthen the school’s internal data tracking and data analytics systems, including Quickbase.
- Manage the production of data dashboards including data related to attendance, discipline, assessments, enrollment, placement, and accountability to drive decision-making and instructional practice.
- Manage data entry and data reporting in OSSE's LACES system.
- Maintain, generate, and distribute student demographic, scheduling, attendance, discipline, and student progress information.
- Create and maintain student records, which includes the updating and maintenance of both hard copy and online student records through electronic student information systems.
- Ensure dissemination of records to families, schools, oversight bodies or government agencies are accurate and compliant with deadlines.
- Attend key meetings at PCSB, OSSE, and other organizations (e.g. the Department of Labor) as necessary and related to data sharing/reporting and school accountability.
- Design and conduct presentations of data and associated data analysis to school, school system, and community groups.
- Enhance knowledge sharing around data management and provide training to school leaders, staff, students, and community.
- Provide support and accountability to the achievement of organizational goals; and provide ad-hoc research and data analysis.
- Participate in training to remain current on data sources, data analysis techniques, and strategies for developing and making data-based presentations.
- Mange regular updates to the school’s website.
- Provide IT support (including but not limited to network maintenance, and trouble-shooting technological challenges) for school staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required and/or MA in a related field preferred.
- 2+ years experience in quantitative data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Experience in a K-12 school (or related adult/young adult/alternative education setting), K-12 support organization, or government education agency preferred.
- Ability to analyze complex data while successfully adhering to deadlines.
- Knowledge of student information systems or other enterprise data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders.
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm, self-confidence, and flexibility.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with keen attention to detail.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click here to apply to the Data Manager position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.