Chief Executive Officer
- Job posted by The George C. Marshall International Center
The George C. Marshall International Center
Chief Executive Officer
About the Center
The George C. Marshall International Center, Inc. (GCMIC)’s mission is to preserve and advance the enduring legacy of General George Catlett Marshall, by interpreting and propagating its relevance to our time. These objectives are advanced through community education programs and international exchanges, creating historical exhibits, hosting community events, and continuing to restore and preserve The Marshall House and gardens.
GCMIC’s mission is advanced through education programs, international exchanges, exhibits, lecture series, and community outreach events that exemplify Marshall’s character, integrity, leadership, dedication, and modesty.
The CEO will be responsible for designing and guiding the vision and strategy for the Center and following through to ensure it is operationalized and executed successfully. Additionally, s/he will lead efforts to expand funding, build partnerships with a diverse group of key stakeholders, continually improve programs, manage a talented team, and serve with integrity as the public face of the organization.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with a demonstrated passion for our mission, experience crafting organizational strategy, and excellent relationship building skills. Further, s/he must be a team builder, effective communicator, and successful fundraiser. Like General George Marshall, we value self-effacing leaders, with proven logistical and organizational successes.
- Key Responsibilities Vision and Strategy: Lead GCMIC’s strategic direction; collaborate with Board, staff, and key stakeholders to set clear, data-driven goals and achieve GCMIC’s mission. Create and implement the international expansion and strategic business plan.
- Team Leadership and Culture: Provide inspirational leadership and continue to build upon GCMIC’s collaborative culture that promotes growth, learning, and accountability. Manage the senior management team.
- Development: Maintain existing funder relationships and implement expanded funding strategies that generate new revenue from various sources including foundations, individual gifts, corporate partners, online platforms, and other non-traditional sources to ensure organizational sustainability and growth. Establish and grow endowments for STEM education/think tank institute and the Marshall House Museum property.
- Communications: Serve as key “voice” of the GCMIC, ensuring a continuing high and positive national/international profile to the business, governmental, and academic communities via media and other channels.
- Board Engagement: Collaborate with Board members on organizational decision-making and recruit new Board members to ensure diverse perspectives.
- Operations and Financial Management: Oversee the successful execution of GCMIC’s day-to-day operations, including effective financial management, reporting, and compliance.
- The CEO will be thoroughly committed to the GCMIC’s nonprofit mission. All candidates should have proven fundraising and strategic leadership expertise. Specific requirements include: Proven record of successfully managing and growing an organization or business.
- Strong fundraising and marketing experience with the ability to engage a world-class donor base.
- Advanced degree, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and scaling organizations.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
Learn more at http://georgecmarshall.org/
Minimum Education Required