Staffing Boutique is pleased to announce a new permanent job opportunity with one of our top nonprofit clients.
If this is a match for you, please respond with your resume as a Word or PDF attachment.
Organization Type: Urban Development & Housing
Role: Vice President of Programs, Northeast Region
Location: Manhattan (role is completely remote at this time)
Salary: $160 - 180K
Our client seeks an experienced leader to be the Vice President of its Northeast region. The Vice President will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of local urban offices throughout the Northeast. The Vice President will also support efforts to grow the organization's footprint in additional markets. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate cultural competency working with diversified communities, and a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their work.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance for all aspects of the local program activity. Ensure goals are met.
- Champion impact investment strategies that use financial resources to catalyze a pipeline of affordable housing, economic development, small business and other real estate projects and catalytic programs.
- Supervise Executive Directors and support the hiring of competent and entrepreneurial staff to carry out strategy and operate its programs.
- Monitor and support fundraising efforts to ensure diverse resource generation.
- Engage with local advisory committee (LAC) members and other key stakeholders.
- Advocate on behalf of the organization and the policy networks at the local, state and federal levels to secure the tools necessary to advance a comprehensive community development strategy.
- Bring visibility to local innovations and programs within the national structure.
- Maximize the use of National resources and expertise in New York City.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, real estate or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years senior level professional experience in community development finance or related field.
- Knowledge of northeast markets, including experience working with municipalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to organization's mission and understanding of community development policies, programs, especially housing, and economic development.
- Demonstrated track record in providing leadership for the development of strategic vision.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and sustain philanthropic funding.
- Demonstrated experience in shaping capital investment through development or lending.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums.
- Knowledge, understanding of, and experience in community development strategies, including deep knowledge of real estate related resource and capital development strategies utilized in real estate and community revitalization efforts.
- Understanding of community development policy.
- Fluency using and understanding data to inform decision-making.
- Entrepreneurial orientation; ability to seek out creative approaches to community issues.