Communication & Outreach Specialist
- Job posted by Southern Energy Management
Do you seek to “be the change” by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that energy efficiency and sustainable energy are a necessary part of our future? Are you excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? If so, we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management (SEM), a mission-driven B-Corp and leader in renewable energy, is currently seeking a full-time Communications and Outreach Specialist to join our marketing team. This role will support our building science and solar energy teams by undertaking all communication activities, both written and oral, with a strong emphasis on public relations, coordinating and attending events, managing social media, and offline communications as well as other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong skills in written and oral communication, community engagement, social media strategy, and event management with a passion for sustainability. Proud to be one of the first sustainable energy companies to certify as a B-Corporation, our mission is to improve the way people make and use energy.
- Public Relations - You will be responsible for raising awareness and visibility of our brand, mission, and general awesomeness both online and offline.
- Social Media Marketing - You will be responsible for distributing and promoting content across various social media platforms, cultivating engagement with our digital community, corresponding with past and potential customers, and expanding our “Tribe” by creating devoted brand advocates.
- Email Marketing - You will get to create gnarly content for newsletters and email marketing campaigns and explore ways to grow our subscriber base.
- Event Management - You will coordinate the entire process of event planning for our building science and solar energy teams and create new opportunities to get involved with partners, customers, and the local community.
- Referral Program - You will shower customers with love and affection to keep them coming in our direction with referrals.
- Wearer of Many Hats - SEM is a small, dynamic team, which means you may be asked to contribute to tasks and take on responsibilities that are not covered in the list above. We need an adaptable, team player who is willing to support the team and our mission!
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration.
- Passion for sustainability, clean energy, and energy efficiency.
- Enthusiasm for inbound marketing strategy and a strong understanding of content marketing and the customer journey.
- Working knowledge of MailChimp and Hootsuite platforms.
- Experience with tracking and analyzing data to make impactful decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (humor a big plus)
- Ability nurture a “brand voice” while working within brand guidelines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, maturity, and tact.
- Strong ability to multi-task and mitigate unexpected interruptions within tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and highly organized.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and image optimization.
- Background in promoting renewable energy.
- Videography and/or video editing experience.
- Wordpress and Salesforce admin experience.
This is an excellent career opportunity with outstanding growth potential for the right individual. SEM offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package to full-time team members including health insurance, matching 401(k) and more. This position is full-time and based out of SEM’s home office in Raleigh, NC.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply. please go to https://www.fitzii.com/apply/32191?s=id