We’re Operations Inc., a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm, supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs. Depending on your level of experience and/or degree, our client, SARAH Inc., is seeking either a:
- Licensed Social Worker
- Developmental Therapist
- Developmental Therapist Assistant
(See requirements below)
SARAH, Inc. provides services and support to infants, toddlers and their families enrolled in the KIDSTEPS Birth to Three Program at SARAH Inc. In this role you will assist families in meeting their goals using a coaching style of interaction as they work through their daily routines.
This full-time position allows for flexible hours providing in home and community visits while still having support from your team of colleagues at a weekly staff meeting. As a staff member, you will also have the benefit of participating in monthly reflective supervision.
- Evaluate and assess children and families. Plan and develop curriculums and IFSP's that meet individual developmental needs.
- Complete and maintain records in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Perform functions of service coordinator as assigned, ensuring that Early Intervention services achieve desired outcomes for families and children served and meet state standards
- Communicate effectively through a family-centered philosophy, and respect for cultural diversity manner with families, staff, and community representatives.
- Comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, guidelines and best practices providing Birth to Three early intervention services.
- Participate in periodic regional, staff and team meetings with early intervention professionals.
- Assist in promoting and supporting community awareness and relationships of SARAH, Inc. and KIDSTEPS.
- Social Worker must be licensed by the Dept. of Public Health under §20-195n C.G.S or Department of Education certificate endorsement #071 as school social worker or an intern working towards Department of Public Health license under professional supervision
- Development Therapist must have Dept. of Education certification and endorsed in #112 Birth-Kindergarten or #113 Nursery-Third grade or #065 Comprehensive Special Education Pre-K to 12 or #165 Comprehensive Special Education K-12 or Certificate endorsement #057 Pre-K to 12
- Development Therapist Associate must have a BA degree in a human service field
- Experience in children and family services with a focus on Early Intervention preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid US driver’s license, insurance and an acceptable driving record as determined by our company’s policies
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a MUST (written and spoken)
- Ability to work flexible hours and drive to varying locations.
KIDSTEPS is the children’s division of SARAH Inc. and is a Birth to Three early intervention program serving infants and toddlers with developmental delays. The KIDSTEPS service region encompasses 31 towns throughout southern and eastern Connecticut. Our professional staff of certified therapists, early childhood specialists and teachers offer evaluations, services and service coordination as defined by the CT Birth to Three System (www.Birth23.org)
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual - Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required