Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a full-time Academic Technology Coordinator (ATC) position in the Technology department beginning August 1, 2020. The position exists to support Sacred Heart P-8 faculty, staff, students, and parents in the appropriate use of instructional and educational technologies.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that enjoys robust benefits including 32 paid holidays during the academic year, 22 vacation days in July and much more.
Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64?acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. Our mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life.
SHS employs over 350 full? and part?time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives need?based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four?year colleges.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, coordinate, and train on instructional and administrative applications for the educational program in general both virtually and face-to-face.
- Manage Learning Management platforms for grades P-8 (currently using Blackbaud K-12 & Google Classroom).
- Understand and assist with remote, hybrid, and Face-to-face learning.
- Plan and implement the annual device distribution, training and year-end collections.
- Assist in the integration of technology applications across grades P-8 curriculum.
- Organize and set up teacher software logins annually.
- Monitor login credentials of software used by teachers to ensure COPPA compliance.
- Assist with and troubleshoot the use of Activboards, Apple TVs, document cameras and other technologies used for teaching and learning.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience and Education include but are not limited to:
- Master's Degree in Educational Technology or related field. Teaching credential is preferred.
- Two years applicable experience working with instructional technologies at an accredited institution.
- Required: Proficient in Google for Education. Familiarity with Blackbaud K-12, Schoology, Seesaw a plus.
- Excellent command of written and oral English; effective communication skills to exchange information and to respond to inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Ability to communicate with and work with a variety of people with varying skill levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both Mac, Windows and chromebook computer platforms.
- Experience teaching technology preferable in a 1:1 environment. Experience training or teaching adults a plus.
For a detailed job description please visit our Career Page or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.shschools.org/about/careers--shs
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please do not contact the school by phone or in person. Please do not address your materials to anyone other than the addressees below. You may apply electronically by sending a resume and cover letter to HRjobs@shschools.org
You MUST indicate Academic Technology Coordinator 2020 in the subject line of an email submission. Or, you may mail your resume and cover letter to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027 ATTN: HR/ Academic Technology Coordinator 2020
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.