515 Madison Avenue
PNP Staffing Group is pleased to be partnering with CAMFED USA in their search for a Director of Corporate and Major Gifts. CAMFED USA is creating the new position of Director of Corporate and Major Gifts to lead this strategic area of development. Reporting to the CAMFED USA Executive Director, the Director will develop and execute an ambitious plan to engage new high net worth and corporate donors in the US in support of CAMFED's mission. The role will be a key member of CAMFED's global development team, collaborating with CAMFED Directors internationally.The ideal candidate for the position of CAMFED USA Director of Corporate and Major Gifts will have a proven track record of success in delivering against ambitious targets, and in leading a high-performing function. Strategic and proactive, you have a strong background in marketing and fundraising and the ability to cultivate effective relationships with donor prospect
- The Director will manage the pipeline, targets, portfolios and team focused on fundraising from high net worth individuals and corporate donors in the US. This includes:Work with the CAMFED USA Executive Director, Board members and CAMFED International Development Director to set goals and define an ambitious donor engagement plan focused on high net worth individuals and corporates in the US.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward high level donor relationships, including both high net worth individuals and corporations.
- Represent CAMFED with key donor audiences and engage CAMFED USA Board members in the cultivation of donor opportunities and relationships.
- Work with Directors at Camfed International to coordinate campaigns and a calendar of events to increase engagement and develop Camfed's donor base in the major gift and corporate sectors.
- Articulate Camfed's model and innovations in a bold and compelling way to secure new funding and support from current and prospective US donors, including through the creation of collateral material for the major donor and corporate audiences.
- Stay abreast of changes in the external environment to position CAMFED ahead of major funding trends, and where relevant recommend changes to priorities and/or course direction.
- Partner with senior management to embed a culture of fundraising across the organization.
- Coordinate with CAMFED's communications team and partners to leverage media and PR activities for marketing and fundraising objectives.
- Oversee analyses of income from major and corporate donors, to evaluate and improve performance and inform strategies.
- Engage external resource, e.g. specialist consultancies, to provide additional expertise and capacity where required.
- Oversee quality assurance in the implementation of donor engagement activities, and ensure delivery is conducted in the spirit of CAMFED's values.
- Be responsible for CAMFED USA's compliance with all relevant fundraising codes of conduct and best practice, and ensure tax efficient giving is maximized throughout the program and solicited appropriately.
- Minimum 7 years in a senior level development position in a medium to large.
- Proven success at creating a resource development strategy and increasing financial results.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising and marketing campaign implementation and delivery.
- Engaging and collaborative leadership style.
- Experience managing staff, including across offices/geographic locations, and ability to work in a diverse, complex international environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), influencing and negotiation skills.
- Personal presence and confidence to engage with credibility at the highest levels.
- Propensity to thrive in high pressure and fast-paced environments.
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally (up to 8 weeks per year, dependent on location*).
- A passion for CAMFED's mission.
- Eligible to work in the US.
CAMFED has retained PNP Staffing Group to lead this search. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jared Siegel, Senior Executive Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required