Chief Executive Officer
- Job posted by PsychArmor Institute
Chief Executive Officer
San Diego, CA
PsychArmor Institute, a national nonprofit with a mission to provide free education and support to Americans who work with, live with, or care for military Veterans, is hiring a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Building on the positive momentum PsychArmor has achieved since its founding in 2014, the CEO will be responsible for the organization’s strategic vision and operational execution. The CEO will serve as the key external face of PsychArmor, promoting the organization and its mission through frequent high profile speaking engagements, conferences, and forums nation-wide. Additionally, the CEO will leverage his/her interpersonal skills and dynamic nature to develop new relationships with potential partners, sponsors, and funders. As the catalyst for much of the organization’s funding, the CEO will nurture relationships with existing sponsors as well as identify and engage potential new funders. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will ensure the organization is fiscally sound and that its external communications, fund development, and programs are aligned with the organization’s mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership & Vision
- Establish a strategic vision for the continued growth and expansion of PsychArmor Institute. Work collaboratively with Board and staff to ensure programs that support the organization's goals.
- Provide clear and consistent communication of PsychArmor’s mission and value to engage and inspire current and potential funders, sponsors, and partners.
- Mentor, develop, and retain PsychArmor's high-performance senior management team.
Fundraising & Communications
- Spearhead fundraising efforts as assisted by the External Relations Department to ensure annual fiscal goals are met.
- Provide strategic direction to the Marketing and Communications team to deepen and refine all aspects of communications from web presence to external messaging with the goal of creating a stronger organizational brand.
- Actively seek and participate in conferences, forums, and panels to further promote the organization’s mission and goals. Leverage these occasions to develop relationships with potential funders and partners.
Strengthening infrastructure and operations
- Work in close collaboration with the COO to ensure day-to-day operations are professionally and efficiently organized and administered
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget, and ensuring sound financial controls are in place
- Set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the organization’s programs in fulfillment of its mission.
Mission Enhancement & Relationship Building
- Develop and oversee plans to expand PsychArmor’s national reach and impact by leading a strategic planning process for program expansion.
- Build partnerships in new areas that are aligned with PsychArmor’s mission. Establish and maintain relationships with leaders in veteran service organizations, corporations, civic organizations, non-profit groups and foundations, healthcare companies, and other entities that offer opportunities for synergistic support.
- Create and maintain a national presence that communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of PsychArmor as a model VSO.
- Develop and maintain a strong and cohesive relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to update or refine as needed the organization's direction, policies, and goals.
- Work with the Board of Directors to identify and help recruit new board members whose talents, interests and commitment will help further the organization's mission.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board of Directors to ensure open communication about the measurement and reporting of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to serving veterans
- Successful experience in a senior leadership role of a high-growth nonprofit organization, including leading and mentoring a team
- Familiarity with military/Veteran culture and preferred experience with Veteran Service Organizations
- Proven record of effectively leading and implementing a strategic plan with clear and measurable outcomes
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with a talent for engaging and inspiring others
- Demonstrated ability to build strong funding relationships and other partnerships to support an organization’s revenue objectives
- Experience collaborating effectively with diverse audiences
About PsychArmor Institute
PsychArmor Institute (PAI) is a national nonprofit organization with a mission is to provide free education and support to Americans who work with, live with, or care for military Veterans. PAI was established in response to a growing need within a variety of sectors for training on how to work effectively with military personnel, Veterans and their families.
PAI has partnered with nearly 400 organizations and holds several memoranda of agreement with the Department of Defense, Department of Veteran Affair Department of Labor that provide a multitude of expertise and resources that can be leveraged to assist with creating training courses the most germane to transitioning service members and Veterans. PAI has established significant capability in the development and delivery of high quality, interactive and engaging online courses using state-of-the-art technology.
Minimum Education Required