Harvard UniversityEmployer Outreach & Events Coordinator
Harvard Kennedy School
The Degree Programs and Student Affairs Office of Career Advancement (OCA) at Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) seeks a creative, proactive, and versatile Employer Outreach and Events Coordinator to provide administrative support and event coordination to a busy office that serves students, alumni, and employers.
Harvard Kennedy School (HKS), a graduate school, has a mission to improve public policy and public leadership across the United States and around the world, so people can lead safer, freer, and more prosperous lives.Job Code
403040 Coordinator IIJob-Specific Responsibilities
This position is located in the HKS Office of Career Advancement working as part of our Employer Relations, Technology, and Communications team, which is engaged in developing and maintaining relationships with employers (often alumni of the School), overseeing our technology platforms, and managing OCA's communication strategy. The team focuses on employer outreach, employer and alumni events (on-campus, virtual, and regional), job postings, and daily communication with students and our employer partners.
This position will play a key role in ensuring our Career Chat programming and other employer events run smoothly. The Career Chat program engages practitioners from all over the world in one-on-one or small group career-focused scheduled conversations with students. In addition, this role will be a part of the larger OCA team, which supports students and alumni in their career development through individual career coaching and career-related programming including workshops, panel conversations, career fairs, and employer info sessions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The successful applicant will be a self-starter open to collaboration, who will work closely with the Senior Associate Director and other members of the Employer Relations, Technology, and Communications (ERTC) team to:
• Coordinate all aspects of OCA's Career Chat program - identifying practitioners based on priorities and areas of interest, outreach and scheduling, room reservations or zoom scheduling, assisting students, sharing knowledge from the events, etc.
• Manage an assigned industry portfolio, developing employer relationships through outreach, partnering with subject matter experts within the HKS and Harvard community, learning about industry trends, and scheduling events within that portfolio.
• Serve as OCA liaison to HKS PICs (Professional Interest Councils) and other student groups
• Partner with and assist other members of the ERTC team with their events as needed and serve as back-up support for many of the essential functions of the team.
• Oversees student workers providing administrative and other support to OCA. Backfill reception desk as needed.
• Provide general administrative support to the office such as room reservations, media/AV support, catering, and other essential functions as needed.Basic Qualifications
Minimum of three years of administrative experience required. Internships will count toward experience.Additional Qualifications and Skills
• BA/BS degree strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with government/NGO/nonprofit career paths helpful
• Previous experience with the following online platforms helpful:
Symplicity career management software (or similar platform), Zoom, SharePoint, Qualtrics, Linkedin, calendar scheduling software
• Must be very comfortable with Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are necessary; strong customer service orientation
• Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to effectively handle changing priorities and adjust workflow accordingly; ability to multi-task, prioritize, and ask clarifying questions; demonstrated experience organizing and completing assignments on time with accuracy amid interruptions; attention to detail is imperative
• Higher Education or non-profit experience strongly preferred; Career office experience a major plus.Additional Information
We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.Please note:
During the current period of Covid-19 related restrictions, this position may start as a remote position, with transition to onsite in Cambridge, Massachusetts when the office reopens.
We continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 and lifting of restrictions. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility with our interview process. We will be conducting interviews virtually for selected candidates until further notice.
Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University's COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University's "COVID-19 Vaccine Information" webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.Salary Range:
$57,809 - $91,990Note:
Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate's relevant experience, and internal equity. Harvard Kennedy School's Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Harvard Kennedy School, fostering a diverse and inclusive community where everyone feels they belong is a matter of basic fairness consistent with our core values as an institution. It is also essential to our mission of improving public policy and leadership-because recruiting the best people and creating an environment where they can thrive make us better at what we do, because we learn more from people with different perspectives, and because we work in diverse groups and serve diverse societies.
Learn more about Harvard Kennedy School's commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
Harvard Kennedy School's mission is to improve public policy and leadership so people can live in societies that are more safe, free, just, and sustainably prosperous. Our teaching, research, and engagement with practitioners focus on these priorities:
- Protecting security, freedom, and human rights
- Strengthening democracy
- Advancing social justice
- Increasing economic well-being
- Enhancing sustainability
- Improving public leadership and management
You can be part of this endeavor. Explore and learn more about Harvard Kennedy School
.Harvard offers a generous benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
General AdministrationSub Unit
USA - MA - CambridgeDepartment
Degree ProgramsTime Status
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech WorkersPre-Employment Screening
9 am - 5 pm Monday - FridayEEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/Do2g7JFAd18qt2dRhj6rr" />