Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations
- Job posted by University of Massachusetts Amherst
Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations, Isenberg School of Management
University of Massachusetts Amherst
The Isenberg School of Management is seeking an Associate Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations to support and nurture the Isenberg-community's relationships with its donors and help facilitate communications and experiences that inspire donors to support the School to their fullest potential. Reporting to the Executive Director of Development for the Isenberg School of Management, the Associate Director assists in the creation and management of materials that acknowledge and communicate with donors about the impact of their gifts and ensures donors are appropriately and professionally stewarded throughout their relationship with the School.
As the Commonwealth's flagship campus, the University of Massachusetts Amherst is making a profound, transformative impact to the common good. We are the largest public research university in New England, distinguished by the excellence and breadth of our academic, research and community outreach programs.
- Manage a select portfolio of long-term donors who are important members of the Isenberg community and require appropriate stewardship. Develop and help execute individual stewardship strategies for top prospects and donors. Attend Isenberg events when required and visit with approximately 30 - 40 assigned donors per year.
- Assist Isenberg Development officers in the logistics and execution of prospective donor/donor campus visits. Help develop and prepare donor agendas and briefing materials to support donor visits to campus.
- Working closely with the Dean, Development staff and other unit/campus partners, assist in the creation and management of communication materials for reporting to principal gift, major gift and leadership annual giving donors on the impact of their giving. Materials include personalized acknowledgement (“Thank You”) letters, impact statements and endowment reports.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Stewardship and Donor Relations team in the UMass Amherst office to ensure coordination of stewardship efforts.
- Provide the Chancellor's office with copy, as required, for donor communications such as donor birthday notes and acknowledgement letters. Prepare specialized briefing materials for identified prospects and donors to be used by the Chancellor, when required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of three to five years relevant experience in a development program, preferably within an educational institution.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills required.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with constituent groups across all levels of the organization and to maintain productive professional relationships in complex, demanding environments.
- Ability to travel occasionally. Ability to work occasional nights and weekends required.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest here.
Review of applications will begin immediately, in the order in which they are received. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
Minimum Education Required