Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct a search for one of the most impactful conservation organizations in our country: WildEarth Guardians. Our client is hiring a new Program Directorfor the Wild Places program. This full-time position is for immediate hire and can be based in any of the following locations: Denver, CO., Portland, OR., Seattle, WA., Missoula, MT., and Tucson, AZ.
About WildEarth Guardians:
WildEarth Guardians is a west-wide nonprofit environmental advocacy organization headquartered in Santa Fe, NM with staff in Denver, CO, Missoula, MT, Boise, ID, Seattle, WA, Tucson, AZ, Portland, OR, and Sequim, WA. With a 30-year history of bold environmental action, the organization wages innovative legal, political, and grassroots campaigns to protect and restore wildlife, wild places, wild rivers, and community health in the American West.
Are you passionate about the protection and preservation of public lands, waters, and the wildlife that rely on those lands and waters? WildEarth Guardians seeks a full-time Program Director to guide efforts towards meeting the ambitious goals to address the nature crisis, by protecting public lands in the American West.
The Program Director will lead a team of passionate staff working on innovative and bold campaigns to protect public lands and national forests. The ideal Program Director is a consensus builder, apt at working with staff and external stakeholders to strategically identify goals, develop work plans, design campaigns and assist in implementing the vision of the program.
The Program Director will inspire, manage and strategically advise and supervise a team of five advocates. The Program Director role is supervised by the Conservation Director.
· The Program Director has been successful in the following areas:
· Hires, supports, supervises and nurtures the talent of the program staff.
· Works collaboratively with direct reports, overall staff and external stakeholders while inspiring and supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment.
· Strategically identifies goals, develops work plans and mission driven campaigns.
· Works with staff and attorneys to develop, propose, and support legal advocacy, in a cohesive and impactful manner.
· Designs, directs, assists, develops and strategically implements complex programmatic work via organized planning.
·Ensures the program produces effective, value-driven communications by developing, evaluating and coordinating the media content.
· Supports the work of the staff: op-ed writing, blogs and social media relevance.
·Ongoingly nurtures relations with NGOs at local, regional and national levels.
· Demonstrates competence in representing the organization to various conferences and events and in legal matters.
·Bachelor’s Degree required; master’s degree in management or legal field is preferred
·Passion for protecting and restoring wild places of the American West.
·Exceptional strategic and organizational skills to support success in a fast-paced environment, with a full workload, where it is necessary to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to connect with and build coalitions with diverse stakeholders.
·Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Analytical, strategic mind and ability to plan and prioritize in a world full of problems, winnow out distractions, recognize and act on opportunities, and anticipate potential future consequences
· Competence in identifying, aligning and translating compelling visions, ideas and goals, into action.
· Ability to build, coordinate and manage advocacy campaigns while proactively and successfully engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
·Insight and acumen in nurturing relations with NGOs at a local, regional and national level
·Ability to provide partnership around strategy, create, direct and implement management systems.
·Knowledge of and experience in federal, regional, and state environmental policy.
·Ability to utilize tech tools in order to facilitate online communication and project management.
Knowledge and Skills:
·At least three years of managerial experience in the environmental/conservation and legal/advocacy fields.
·At least five years of experience in advocacy campaigning in the environmental arena.
· Experience in project and program management, developing and leading legislative campaigns.
·Prior experience in strategic program implementation.
· Ability to build, coordinate and manage campaigns while proactively and successfully engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong organizational, management and communications skills.
· Knowledge of and experience with federal, regional, and state environmental policy.
·Law degree or deep understanding of relevant laws and how to develop litigation-(preferred but not required).
· Strong moral compass and tenacity to stand against the tide.
· Integrity, kindness, resilience, sense of humor, and a healthy sense of outrage.
· Competency and willingness to learn technological tools in order to coordinate and facilitate online communication.
· Computer operating skills, including videoconferencing for virtual team meetings.
·Comfort using and managing social media platforms: (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.)
·Ability to travel internationally up to 15%.
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct a search for one of the most impactful conservation organizations in our country…
Compensation and Benefits:
This impactful role offers the opportunity to work with devoted, mission driven professionals. WildEarth Guardians offers a competitive starting base salary of $75,000 to $85,000.00 (dependent on experience), a friendly and flexible team-based environment with an excellent benefits package. You have flexibility to select benefits based on your personal preferences, your family situation, and/or your financial objectives
Benefits include full health, vision, dental, life, and disability coverage, a 403(b)retirement plan with a 3% match, paid and un-paid health and family leave, a sabbatical policy, sick leave, three weeks paid vacation to start, and fourteen holidays including your birthday.
Compensation and Benefits:
This impactful role offers the opportunity to work with devoted, mission driven professionals. WildEarth Guardians offers a competitive starting…
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration please email your resume and a cover letter describing your professional background, qualifications and affirmation of the salary requirements above to the attention of Ana D’Amore, Executive Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
About Our Firm:
Scion Executive Search, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc., is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Cultivated in the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for leading organizations around the world. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization’s mission. Scion Executive Search has led thousands of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at www.scionstaffing.com.
Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.