District of Columbia
TenSquare is a national charter school support organization that works alongside schools to make lasting and measurable change. TenSquare works in partnership with school leaders to help them navigate the charter accountability landscape, grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive charter school environment, and improve student outcomes. Our strategic, hands-on engagements have led to significant gains in student achievement and organizational performance as measured by state exams and authorizer report cards.
We are in search of a Special Education Coordinator to work for a partner school.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Special Education Coordinator ensures that all students receive high quality education that meets their learning needs and goals. S/he provides direct support, guidance, and oversight on key elements related to special education, social work, and Response to Intervention (RtI) compliance, reporting and management systems. This position is directly responsible for campus based special education compliance, state reporting, data collection, review, and day-to-day challenges that arise. The Special Education Coordinator maintains and improves systems and procedures related to special education, social work, and RtI.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESServes as the Instructional leader for special education at the campus to ensure that special education teachers, social workers, and paraprofessionals receive quality feedback, evaluation, and professional development
- Collaborates with school leadership to make certain that programs are high quality, effective, and procedurally correct
- Directs special education evaluation, reevaluation and annual IEP compliance and timelines;
- Manage all aspects of documentation pertaining to students with IEPs, including but not limited to: onboarding new students, scheduling and facilitating meetings, and ensuring student documentation is in compliance
- Regularly review special education and RtI data to inform programmatic changes and supports to improve our academic program and calculate and report student achievement data for special education and RtI
- Manage the flow of consistent communication on Special Education issues to Principal and Director of Student Services and assist school based leaders with problem solving around scheduling, hours, and timelines
- Communicate regularly with parents and caregivers regarding student progress and challenges
- Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in special education, administration, or related field preferred
- Possess District of Columbia Certification in Special Education and you have at least 5 years of successful teaching experience in an urban environment
- Knowledge of Federal and DCM Regulations regarding special education
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly skilled in evaluating exceptional teaching across the special education continuum; writing/creating reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals consistent with the duties of this position
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
TenSquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not allow discrimination with respect to employment or any of the terms or conditions of employment because of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status or religion.