Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Job posted by Lutheran Community Services Northwest
Our client, Lutheran Community Services Northwest (LCSNW) has been serving communities for more than 90 years. The agency, with an annual budget of over $48 million, is a multicultural, multi-generational, faith-based organization serving over 50,000 people annually. They employ close to 800 people, and these employees are essential to their ability to run more than 100 programs in 41 locations across Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
MISSION: Lutheran Community Services Northwest partners with individuals, families and communities for health, justice and hope.
To learn more about LCSNW visit their website at www.lcsnw.org
We are seeking a Chief Operations Officer (COO) in either SeaTac, WA or Portland, OR. You are a change agent whose mission-driven, strategic, and proactive executive leadership provides outstanding service to both the organization you lead and their employees.
There are lots of places where you can bring your executive leadership skills. Especially in the non-profit world, many of these places are making an amazing difference in the world. Some of them recognize the value that you bring. Some of them want to engage your mind, as well as your heart, as you deliver high quality business services in a highly collaborative environment.
LCSNW is one of those places.
It is our hope that by speaking directly to WHY you do this vital work, those among you who value the same things LCSNW does will be excited about this opportunity and respond.
LCSNW is a growing non-profit organization. Growth is their priority, because the more they grow, the more people they can help. In this transformative time, the COO will embrace and lead innovative change, providing leadership to maximize quality, cost effectiveness and responsiveness. This is a key leadership role, reporting to the CEO and a vital member of the senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, or Business Administration required
- MHA/MBA preferred, or 7 years of executive leadership role may substitute for higher degree
- 10 years progressively larger leadership responsibilities
- Demonstrated successful experience in leading multiple site operation
- Clinical experience or experience leading clinical programming
- 40% domestic travel within 3 states (WA, OR, ID ~ 9 Districts and 41 sites)
- Strong interpersonal and adaptive leadership skills
- Proven business and financial acumen
- Strong communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- Integrative and adaptive team working style, the ability to influence and motivate, easy interaction, rapid adaptation, and strong aptitude for fostering healthy team culture
- Able to effectively interface with all levels of on-site and off-site employees, board members, volunteers and partners
- Eligible to enroll in medical, vision, dental, and life insurance benefits for yourself, your spouse, domestic partner, and children on first of month 30 days from date of hire
- 11 Paid Holidays, 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid sick leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation first year
- Eligibility for sabbatical after 7 years completed service
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Transportation savings account
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you don’t meet the above requirements but still think you’re the perfect candidate for this position – let us know why. Send your resume along with a message describing your interest in the position. All inquiries are completely confidential. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lutheran Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientations, or gender identity.
Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided upon request.