Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking, and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
Ensures that the participants of a transitional shelter are safe, monitors access to the facility, maintains an accurate count of the number of people in the facility, provides hourly tours of the facility, and maintains confidentiality of the facility.
• Maintains a safe and secure environment for clients, staff, and visitors.
• Distributes information to residents regarding program rules and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with program safety policies and procedures.
• Screens incoming visitors to the facility by means of identification verification.
• Provides conflict resolution.
• Conducts monthly apartment inspections.
• Monitors fire safety alarm panel and respond to facility emergencies.
• Maintains a logbook of facility activities.
• Conducts hourly tours of the facility to ensure its safety.
• Answers and transfers incoming calls.
• Prepares Incident/Accident and FYI reports for emergencies and violations of rules and/or regulations.
• Responds to security emergencies.
• In the absence of maintenance staff, sweeps entry area, courtyard, and front of building as needed.
• Performs any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed.
• High school diploma or equivalency, prior security law enforcement experience preferred;
• Previous experience working in shelter setting with families preferred;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Good verbal and writing skills;
• CPR and First Aid certified or eligible;
• Possess or able to obtain NYS Security Guard License;
• Possess or able to obtain a F-80 Certification;
• Calm during crisis;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word;
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking, and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children…