- Job posted by California State University Office of the Chancellor
Office of the Chancellor
Educator Preparation Data Coach
The Data Coach at California State University is seeking applications for the position of Educator Preparation Data Coach.
This position will play a key role in shaping and leading a shared vision of data use for continuous improvement throughout the 23 outstanding campuses of the California State University (CSU) system.
The role of the Data Coach is to build the capacity of educator preparation programs throughout the CSU system to understand and use relevant data with the ultimate goal of improving program effectiveness. The Data Coach will focus on developing and implementing a comprehensive program to support program administrators, faculty, and staff to conduct data-driven inquiry using student performance and program outcome data to improve planning and instruction. The Data Coach will work creatively to design and develop training and support tools and resources; plan, organize, and implement an ongoing program of training and support, and assist users of the data system with analysis activities.
Based in Sacramento and Long Beach, CA, the Data Coach is part of the CSU Chancellor’s Office and dedicated to building the capacity of CSU educator preparation programs through research and the strategic application of data.
Earned Bachelor's degree in an area related to the work of the Data Coach (e.g. education, communications, psychology, evaluation, sociology, mathematics, etc.). Requires a proven record of experience working with teachers and/or faculty and administrators on the collection, analysis, and application of education data to improve teaching and learning, and demonstrated expertise developing training resources and communications materials. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of business intelligence tools such as spreadsheets and dashboards, and an ability to communicate about those tools to a non-technical audience.
• A graduate degree and experience facilitating inquiry-based, data-informed program improvement
• Experience working with educator preparation program faculty and administrators in using academic data to improve program effectiveness and inform strategic planning.
• Experience troubleshooting dashboards and reporting tools used to monitor, report, and analyze project performance.
• Familiarity with a programming language used for data mining and statistical analysis, such as R, Python, or Stata (SQL, NVivo, JMP, SPSS, SAS, Mathematica, Matlab, or Julia also appreciated).
• Proficiency in using InDesign or other professional publishing tools.
• Experience in Change Management and Improvement Science.
The California State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The California State University employment application process is conducted online at https://careers.calstate.edu. Please reference Job ID 1013539 or use this link: http://apptrkr.com/1264511.