Legal Litigation Secretary
Full Time Temporary Contract
The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Litigation Secretary. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The duties of the Litigation Secretary include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a litigation secretary to one or more attorneys performing a full range of secretarial duties related to litigation.
- Overall responsibility for performing all legal work directly assigned by these attorneys or section supervisor.
- Serves as a litigation secretary to one or more attorneys involved in high volume or high profile cases.
- Must work with a minimum of direction.
- Must perform a number of duties on own initiative and have thorough knowledge of legal procedures and terminology to determine court rules, work priorities and methods.
- Work requires a great deal of accuracy.
- Performs a complete range of responsible litigation-related secretarial duties, including taking minutes of meetings, typing various materials from rough draft or brief general instructions; composing correspondence; maintaining filing system and appointment calendars; answering inquiries over the phone or in person; managing numerous litigation-related secretarial details without specific direction.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the status of cases being handled, general and specific legal procedures, administrative, procedures, policies and information sources.
- At least one year of secretarial experience in litigation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Litigation experience.
- Skilled in use of MS Office and/or Word Perfect.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Medical, Holiday and CA Sick Time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (626) 793-0020