Isaacson, Miller (IM), a national retained executive search firm specializing in leadership recruitment in the civic sector, seeks to hire a General Search Coordinator (SC). This General SC position supports and facilitates the work of teams comprised of a Partner and/or Managing Associate and collaborating recruiters by providing an administrative support for all searches, as well as general administrative support for the office. They will provide general support to two teams – our California office as well as our Advancement practice. The position requires a customer-service approach, the ability to work collaboratively with a range of people, and a keen sense of organization and prioritization. IM offers exciting opportunities for a talented individual who is dedicated to the success of mission-driven organizations, drawn to the intellectual demands and professional pace of executive recruiting, and wishes to have an impact on the caliber and diversity of leadership in organizations that advance the common good.
Since its founding in 1982, IM has been committed to strengthening and diversifying the leadership of mission-driven organizations. A belief in the power of exceptional leadership and an unwavering commitment to service excellence, integrity, and impact animate the firm. IM enjoys a nearly 83% returning-client rate and completes more than 300 search assignments each year across the entire civic sector. IM has practices in higher education, healthcare and academic medicine, science and technology, PreK-12 education and education improvement, conservation, environment and natural resources, associations, foundations, arts and cultural organizations, human and social service agencies, and advocacy organizations.
IM’s more than 200 staff members share a fundamental commitment to its clients’ missions, motivating them to continue to achieve outstanding results. IM’s work is guided by the following ideals and principles that drive business forward and to which the company is held accountable:
· Diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Craft excellence.
· Intellectual curiosity.
· Generous collegiality.
· Support of growth opportunities.
· Social impact.
These core values anchor IM today and the firm’s aspirations for the future. They guide firm strategy, client service, teammate recruitment, day-to-day interactions, and the firm’s and its peoples’ drive for continuous improvement.
For additional information about the firm, please visit www.imsearch.com.
THE GENERAL SEARCH COORDINATOR ROLE
General Search Coordinators are executors and managers on a variety of projects across the firm. They support Partners, Associates, and other Search Coordinators with search execution as well as provide overflow assistance. This General SC position will provide support to two teams at the firm, dividing their time between them. They will provide administrative and project support to our IM California (IMCA) search teams as well as IM’s Advancement practice. As applicable and possible, and depending on location, they also may be asked to provide general office administrative support. As capacity requires, General Search Coordinators serve as the primary administrator on a search team, which includes managing search logistics and acting as the central liaison among the client, candidates, and internal team.
While the General Search Coordinator will carry several projects simultaneously, each in collaboration with a different team within the firm, they will report directly to the (IMCA) Managing Search Coordinator and the Practice Manager for IM’s Advancement practice.
The ideal candidate for the General Search Coordinator role thrives in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates an ability to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities from the teams they are supporting. As this individual will work across the firm, they must have superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels and functions within the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GENERAL SEARCH COORDINATOR
The General SC serves as the central search point of contact for recruiters, clients, and candidates, and is responsible for all scheduling and logistical planning, information management and production of client deliverables, as well as general administrative support to the office. The General Search Coordinator will be expected to perform the following tasks:
· Process candidate applications and data entry;
· Provide administrative and logistical structure for searches based on individual search timeline; anticipate organizational needs; coordinate and manage internal processes;
· Manage complex calendars and coordinate internal and external meeting logistics including travel arrangements and videoconferencing;
· Manage production and dissemination of client meeting materials in electronic or paper formats
· Reconcile and track expenses for search leads and candidates;
· Maintain accurate and timely records in internal database and shared drive; manage the web application process;
· General office administrative support, as applicable and possible, and depending on location;
· Assist Search Coordinator team and remote staff to print and prepare client presentation materials in advance of meetings as well as assisting the team during on-site client meetings, as needed;
· Preserve confidentiality of applicable materials and communications;
· Act as central liaison among client, candidate, managing associate/partner, and team;
· Copy-edit and review job descriptions, memos, and other externally facing materials before submission to the client; and
· Participate in firm-wide and team-specific meetings.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE | QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
IM seeks General Search Coordinator candidates who are drawn to the firm’s belief in the power of exceptional leadership and an unwavering commitment to service excellence. An investment in the success and integrity of the firm as a whole is essential, as is a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and the cultural competence to work effectively across multiple lines of difference. While no one candidate will possess all of them, the successful candidate will bring many of the following experiences, skills, and attributes:
· Bachelor’s degree and one to two years, or equivalent, administrative experience in a professional setting.
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and prior experience with databases; strong overall technological skills.
· Flexibility, openness, and a positive attitude.
· Excellent project, organization, and time management skills; the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced, and deadline-driven work environment.
· Outstanding oral communication skills and the ability to probe individuals in order to gain a better understanding of an assignment.
· Strong written communication skills, with a highly attuned attention to detail.
· A collegial and collaborative nature with the inclination to proactively offer assistance to colleagues throughout the firm.
· A natural self-starter; the ability to take initiative and work independently, but also to know when to ask for guidance.
· Intellectual curiosity and a commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
APPLICATION, COMPENSATION, AND BENEFITS
Please visit www.imsearch.com/IMcareers to learn more about the opportunities offered at IM, and to submit application materials in confidence. Applications should include a resume as well as a cover letter explaining your interest in Isaacson, Miller and the General Search Coordinator role.
As an employee-owned firm, IM offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a non-contributory health and dental offering as well as participation in a profit-sharing pension plan and an employee stock ownership plan.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are embedded in Isaacson, Miller’s mission, founding impulse, core values, and practice. From the start, IM has worked hard to recruit outstanding leaders across lines of difference and has been gratified to serve clients who share IM’s core values. IM has successes to celebrate and looks forward to continued growth and learning. Through the firm’s commitment to be a diverse and welcoming community of colleagues where everyone can thrive, all become stronger and empowered to provide the very best service to IM’s clients and contribute to a vital and powerful civic sector.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IM is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a safe work environment for its employees free of discrimination and harassment. IM hires the most qualified individuals for each position, and does so without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all areas of employment for all employees.
Isaacson, Miller (IM), a national retained executive search firm specializing in leadership recruitment in the civic sector, seeks to hire a General Search Coordinator (SC). This General SC position supports and facilitates the work of teams…