- Job posted by Pew Research Center
Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research in the areas of U.S. politics and policy views; media and journalism; internet and technology; religion and public life; Hispanic trends; global attitudes and U.S. social and demographic trends. Pew Research does not take policy positions. It is a subsidiary of The Pew Charitable Trusts. Pew Research Center's work is carried out by a staff of 150.
- Provide administrative support to assigned teams.
- Screen telephone calls.
- Evaluate and distribute incoming mail and correspondence.
- Manage directors calendars.
- Arrange travel and itineraries.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls by providing relevant materials, background information, and securing meeting space.
- Manage events and presentations for internal and external customers.
- Maintain thorough, up-to-date knowledge of the organization's administrative, fiscal and operational policies.
- Ensure office set up, including equipment for all new staff.
- Serve as fire marshal for communication and digital teams.
- Order miscellaneous office supplies.
- Manage group email.
- Coordinate with HR and directors in administering performance reviews.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Prepare expense reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Prepare third-party reimbursements and payment requests.
- Liaise with the finance team.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, focusing on accuracy and quality, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Self-disciplined to proactively resolve issues, anticipate needs and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills including a strong sense of urgency to set priorities, juggle multiple tasks, organize time effectively, conduct research, and identify resources for projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Works well under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to tactfully manage internal and external relationships, and communicate in a clear, direct and diplomatic style, handling sensitive situations and complex tasks discreetly, effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains a customer service demeanor at all times, being responsive to requests and providing high quality service.
- Ability to understand organizational structure and to work through administrative systems, both as an individual and as a member of a team.
- Ability to resolve problems creatively and logically, applying expertise and experience to solve problems and detect underlying issues in complex situations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of relevant office experience required.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office to include Word, Excel, and Powerpoint required.
- Workday and/or Peoplesoft experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Visio, MS Project, and experience in charting business processes/flows desirable depending on the team assignment.
- Experience with Wordpress desirable.
FLSA status: non-exempt
Due to the volume of applications received, applicants will be notified only if they are selected for interviews.
Pew Research Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required