Sales and Marketing Associate
- Job posted by Preserve
Preserve is seeking an energetic and self-motivated professional to join our team. Working closely with Preserve’s leadership, the associate will have his or her fingers on the pulse of our business. The Sales and Marketing Associate has broad-based responsibilities in supporting Preserve’s sales and marketing teams, and helping to chart the course of Preserve’s marketing efforts. This is a hands-on job that balances sales and marketing execution with long term planning and strategy.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and maintain monthly marketing calendar for social media, email marketing, paid promotional opportunities, etc.
- Work with design team to manage and update sales tools.
- Manage elements of Preserve’s digital strategy and consumer engagement platform, including:
- Monitor and manage various social media accounts with the goal of gaining and engaging new followers.
- Working with others, create original content for newsletters, consumer communications and social media channels.
- Coordinate email content and programs.
- Develop, run and analyze reports on consumer engagement.
- Prepare for and represent Preserve at tradeshow and events, confidently spreading the Preserve story to potential customers.
- Respond to inbound inquiries for donations, event participation etc.
- Manage relationships with external marketing partners, including designers, agencies, and like-minded businesses.
- Support a variety of other marketing projects that further the Preserve brand.
- Support the needs of our sales team by creating presentations, assisting with new account set up, performing pricing analyses and researching new opportunities.
- Manage and monitor ecommerce accounts including Preserve’s online store, proactively developing promotions to increase sales.
- 1-4 years of experience in a sales and/or marketing role. Experience in a consumer products company a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Diligent follow-up, organization and project management abilities.
- Proven ability to establish and complete goals.
- Interest in and ability to learn new software and design tools.
- Experience with social media, content management systems, ecommerce platforms, Mail Chimp, and/or paid marketing is a plus.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits including 50% of healthcare insurance and policies to support quality of life (e.g., paid community service days, generous holiday schedule, access to public transportation). The salary is commensurate with experience for an Associate level role (typically someone in the first 5 years of their career).
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We take action and believe strongly in calculated risks. We aim to take our work seriously, but also to laugh at ourselves. Underlying all that we do is a respect for each other and an acknowledgement that it is our unique experiences and perspectives that make us a stronger team. We are flexible but accountable. We work hard and play as often as we can, sharing potlucks, birthdays, and tossing a Frisbee after an outdoor meeting.
The people we would like to work with are:
- Team players with a positive, eager to get‐it‐done attitude.
- Interested in working for a small company with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Self‐motivated with an ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Committed to socially and environmentally responsible business practices.
- Passionate about the Preserve brand and working towards our goal of bringing Preserve products and mission to millions of new households.
Please apply via our B Work portal/
Please include a cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role (please include your first
and last name in each document’s file name e.g., Jane.Smith.resume.pdf and
Jane.Smith.cover.doc) No phone calls please.
Preserve is a leading sustainable consumer goods company and producer of stylish eco-friendly household products including a full line of kitchen products, tableware, and personal care products, using 100% recycled plastic and plant-based compostable materials. Through innovations in recycled and biodegradable materials and sustainable design, Preserve has been creating more resourceful ways to make everyday products since 1996. The company is powered by the recycling efforts of individuals and companies via its Preserve Gimme 5 program. This program accepts #5 plastics such as yogurt cups and other common household containers and transforms them into new products. All of Preserve’s recycling and manufacturing is done in the United States. Preserve pioneers partnerships with premier product design, manufacturing, and sales and marketing firms to bring together thought leaders and drive industry change. Preserve empowers people to make everyday choices that are better for the earth while offering real solutions without compromise. Preserve products can be found at retailers such as Whole Foods Market and a variety of grocery and natural food stores. Preserve is a Certified B Corporation. Visit us online at http://www.preserve.eco
Minimum Education Required